dcsimg

Zip Systems

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

I had the fastcap ones until they got stolen. I would buy them again if I needed them. They are a lot more heavy duty than the zip poles.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have used the Zips a few times. I will get my own at the next big remodel.

Doobie

Zip wall systems are great in controling dust .

Wonder if they would work for a portable paint booth? Hmmm may be worth a look into to use it to block off space in the garage for painting.

@theamcguy

Im interested in it for the same purpose. Ive gotten pretty good at minimizing overspray, but you can never be too thorough. I seem to be doing more and more of it.

I’m to check it out at the store. See what I can find out.

So, anybody try this yet for a quasi spray booth setup?

Zip wall systems are great in controling dust .

Wonder if they would work for a portable paint booth? Hmmm may be worth a look into to use it to block off space in the garage for painting.

@theamcguy

Im interested in it for the same purpose. Ive gotten pretty good at minimizing overspray, but you can never be too thorough. I seem to be doing more and more of it.

I’m to check it out at the store. See what I can find out.

So, anybody try this yet for a quasi spray booth setup?

I’ve used them to set up a spray area. They work pretty good as long as you dont have to worry about the ceiling.

I had the fastcap ones until they got stolen. I would buy them again if I needed them. They are a lot more heavy duty than the zip poles.

Where they take out of your truck or on jobsite .

Always willing to learn .

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

OLD THREAD FIVE YEARS LATER!

I am interested in getting a setup myself.

My current questions are:

(1) Are the main players still Zipwall and Fastcap or there are others to consider?

(2) Is the main difference still the Fastcap system uses the third hand poles which can do a few more things then the Zipwall? or are there other considerations?

(3) Do these poles work well with a vaulted or sloped ceiling? Does their poles have a adjustable, hinged or U-joint to allow quick and easy mounting to a slope ceiling?

(4) How tight do you have to pull the plastic between poles to get a nice tight seal between poles? On a few videos I saw they used two people to set it up, seems one person is needed to hold one pole in place so the other person can stretch the plastic tight for a second pole. So how easy is it to set up with just one lone person? Will it be a struggle which requires you to end up having to get up to the ceiling with a ladder to tape the plastic?

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

1) I have had two sets of the zip poles for a couple years now. Not sure what others are out there, but these work nice.

2) No clue

3) Will work with a slights slope. A steeper slope will not work

4) You can get the plastic pretty close. For a better seal, I will often attach the plastic to a 2×4 with foam on the top, then push that up to the ceiling. You can also tape the plastic, but it doesn’t stay up there for long.

@Miamicuse I have the Zip poles and I’ve been very happy with them . Another brand I see now is Trimaco . Called ez up dust containment poles . They attach on the top with a pry clamp over using the clip that zip pole has which gets attached to the pivoting head . Zip pole has more Accessories like the foam rails for tight sealing against surface .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here’s an interesting idea

Prevent Unintended Dust Messes with Zipwall Zipdoor Kit

https://www.protoolreviews.com/zipwall-zipdoor-kit-review/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the_best_plier_and_plier_sets_this_year_plus_more_news_and_reviews&utm_term=2020-07-29

Those door are awesome at helping movement throw and keeping the dust inside over just lapped plastic .

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.482 seconds