dcsimg

Zip Systems

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Does anyone own a zip wall system? I have been looking at some poles at harbor freight, but also the sets at home depot. Has anyone had any luck with either?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have 4 of the poles which work great. i use them for holding up plastic for masking off sections of rooms.. however i havent used the actual sip wall system with teh zipper that goes in teh plastic.. its definitly worth the investment

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

It looks great. Never had the pleasure of owning
    one. I hear great reviews on it

Zip wall systems are great in controling dust . My last ones I had for couple years but my guy left it by the crub when finishing up a job and were stolen .

Haven’t replaced them yet . I use there zip doors a lot to . Just tape them to frames and away we go .

Always willing to learn .

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

They are a really great system, I have several poles and a poly wall with the zipper that I’ve been re-using forever, it is very effective for containing the dust.

With the Lead rule they are a must . Plus it really looks professional when you install one in an existing home that’s live in .

Are the two main systems people use the ZipWall system http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZipWall-ZP4-Dust-Barrier-System-202620/202223614

and the Fastcap dust barrier setups?
    http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/Magnetic-Dust-Barrier-Door-System-p13403.htm

Any preference for one over the other? Seems like the value of the Fastcap system is that the 3rd hands can be used for other things beside dust barriers

John S

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Oh what you showed I would like the magnetic door better then a zipper. However not that you will need additional poles for the rest of barrier in that kit you showed.

the magnetic door better then a zipper.

The magnetic door looks like an incredibly slick setup and seems like it makes setup of a door super easy.

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Zip wall systems are great in controling dust .

Wonder if they would work for a portable paint booth? Hmmm may be worth a look into to use it to block off space in the garage for painting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Wonder if they would work for a portable paint booth? Hmmm may be worth a look into to use it to block off space in the garage for painting.

I’m sure it world work out.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I use the Fastcap system. It does the job if I seal up the plastic around the edges… Obviously Dust gets out if not.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RyanF
    Pro

@theamcguy

Im interested in it for the same purpose. Ive gotten pretty good at minimizing overspray, but you can never be too thorough. I seem to be doing more and more of it.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I like that magnetic door deal. I use task poles with plastic. For doors I have to zippers that roll up. I keep reusing them with 3 or 4 mil plastic.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy

Im interested in it for the same purpose. Ive gotten pretty good at minimizing overspray, but you can never be too thorough. I seem to be doing more and more of it.

I’m to check it out at the store. See what I can find out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I like that magnetic door deal. I use task poles with plastic. For doors I have to zippers that roll up. I keep reusing them with 3 or 4 mil plastic.

Yea the door looks slick

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Yea the door looks slick

Agreed. I have to pull the plastic to the side when I walk through which often causes the plastic to shift around. I’m going to look into one of these doors.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Thanks for the links John! I think that mag door system will find itself a new home! That will be perfect for our interior remodels.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i haven’t used either so I have no preference, but I do like the magnetic door system.

i haven’t used either so I have no preference, but I do like the magnetic door system.

I think you can get a small kit at Home Depot of the zip poles

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.325 seconds