dcsimg

Tigerwood floors… Anybody?

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I have not used it, be sure to take photos when done

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see that is a laminate flooring. It goes down just like any other laminate flooring. The Tiger wood grain looks kinda busy for me but it looks good when finished. Let me see if I have any pics??? No I can’t find any pics..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Denied!
    Found out this morning that the install will be subbed out.
    If I’m still around when it’s done, I’ll take pics.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I would still like to see what it looks like when done.
    Sorry you didn’t get to do it.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

Goncalo Alves is beautiful when you get the right pieces. The amount of figure depends on the piece and it’s been pushed very hard in the flooring and decking industry recently so the nicely figured pieces are at a premium. If they bought the good stuff it should look very nice. The cheap stuff isn’t very interesting and then there’s the occasional wild piece that looks totally out of place, IMO.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

So the bulk of the flooring was installed in the last week and I had a chance to go see it today.
    The product itself looks great, but I wish the installers had taken more care and put more effort into installing it properly.
    Wrong fasteners, incorrect gapping from walls, poor layout, incorrect fastening schedule, poor use of adhesive.
    I think this floor may buckle in time.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

sergey061478
    Blocked

thanks for nice pictures. I have never heard of tiger wood prior to this thread. i guess you learn something new every day.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

looks very nice, I’ve used tigerwood to make pens and the wood is very good to work with.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

So the bulk of the flooring was installed in the last week and I had a chance to go see it today.
    The product itself looks great, but I wish the installers had taken more care and put more effort into installing it properly.
    Wrong fasteners, incorrect gapping from walls, poor layout, incorrect fastening schedule, poor use of adhesive.
    I think this floor may buckle in time.

The floor looks great, just too bad the installers were tight with their gaps. If humidity fluctuates a lot there, I can see that floor buckle as you say.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.315 seconds