dcsimg

Your trusty Nail guns

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I ended up getting another Bostitch palm nailer today.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Those seem to hold up pretty well. I think I started with that one, got a Senco next, and now I have 3 of the Ridgids. The only selling point of the Ridgids was the warranty. $69 each, and with 3 I can get by with one or two out for repairs.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I was thinking about the Ridgid. I had a Bostitch prior that held up for a while and I could find any comparison reviews so I stuck with what I knew.

I have never been a fan of Senco, they remind me of grip rite. I think thats the brand…

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Using both my milwaukee 18 and 15 ga today. These are great, I think we are going to see more cordless as the tech keeps getting better and better.

I have that model to and its a paper weight . Dam thing won’t set a nail to save its life .

Always willing to learn .

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I have that model to and its a paper weight . Dam thing won’t set a nail to save its life .

Come on, I had one prior and got a lot of good use out of it. Eventually I think a piece of galvanized from a nail jammed, killing it.
    It cost 50 I have not opened it yet if there is a better tested one with comparable cost.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Using both my milwaukee 18 and 15 ga today. These are great, I think we are going to see more cordless as the tech keeps getting better and better.

cordless is the way to go nowadays. as you said, its getting better and better. some brands move faster than others 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

those are the bosch ones right? i wonder why they discontinued them, eventually once the tech gets a little lighter i’ll have to get into cordless.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

those are the bosch ones right? i wonder why they discontinued them, eventually once the tech gets a little lighter i’ll have to get into cordless.

Its very peculiar how some companies target different tools. I was surprised that Milwaukee came out with those guns prior to having a framing nailer out. I also learned recently that Dewalt has now released a strap nailer. There have been a lot of hits and misses in cordless guns. I regret buying a used Hitachi 15ga gun last year. It misfires so often that you just can’t rely on it.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

My lineup is:

PC Framer
    Senco 15G (bought used)
    PC 16G (bought used, leaks air a little, just needs new o-rings)
    PC 18G
    Ridgid 23G (bought used, my favorite of the bunch)

I’ve also used the Bostitch Strapshot MC gun, and it worked great. I loved using it, but don’t use Simpson ties enough to buy the gun for myself. I like all the guns I’ve got quite a bit. The PC 16G is a great gun, but it’s the smaller (older) version, so it doesn’t shoot as wide a length range as the new version. I can live with it.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Maybe a little off topic here , but what portable air compressors are you all using? I need a new one and want something light and easy to move around.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Maybe a little off topic here , but what portable air compressors are you all using? I need a new one and want something light and easy to move around.

Been using the small makita air compressor, works great. Kinda been waiting for it to fail or break so I can go buy a new one. Thing runs like a champ.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I regret buying a used Hitachi 15ga gun last year. It misfires so often that you just can’t rely on it.

I guess that’s why they sold it. I have the 15ga. Hitachi and it fires fine.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Its amazing how reliant we have become with these too. I have thought about adding a “Siding nailer”, and a “hardware” hanger to my list but end up pulling back due to frequency or need.

I use that little palm nailer to set hardware. I think there was a framing coil nailer Bostitch made that you could also use as a sider.

If the Bosch gods of production are listening a nail gun with multi functions like our drills have with hammer,drill and drive would be a gold mine.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Its amazing how reliant we have become with these too. I have thought about adding a “Siding nailer”, and a “hardware” hanger to my list but end up pulling back due to frequency or need.

I use that little palm nailer to set hardware. I think there was a framing coil nailer Bostitch made that you could also use as a sider.

If the Bosch gods of production are listening a nail gun with multi functions like our drills have with hammer,drill and drive would be a gold mine.

We have yet to get a siding nailer. Hardi can be fastened using a framing gun with 2 inch galv full head ring shank nails. Just set the depth and your good to go.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

think there was a framing coil nailer Bostitch made that you could also use as a sider.

I had a plastic collated Bostitch stick framing gun that had a siding attachment…it was meant for vinyl if I recall. I never used it as it wouldn’t set nails at an exact depth consistently. After a while I sold the gun and bought a Max. No complaints there.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

lol no like I said Milwaukee

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have a Hitachi. It works well enough. Kinda loud though. I will look at one of the California air or a Rolair for my next small compressor.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I use a 28 degree wire weld Bostitch stick nailer for framing and it came with a rubber nose piece that would prevent marring the finish of siding but this: http://www.bostitch.com/en-us/products/tools/construction-tools/nailers/framing-nailers/15-degree-coil-sheathing-and-siding-nailer/n75c-1 was the one I was talking about.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the bosch cordless nailers were problematic.. couldnt sink nails in hardwood and were much louder.. the air nailers had a ton of problems with them.. i know 6 guys that had teh framer and they all said they were in for service multiple times within 6 months of purchasing them.. the 18 gauge had to be modified by the user in order to sink nails i know becasue i had 2 of them… at the max setting it coiuldnt sink a 2″ nail in pine

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.403 seconds