dcsimg

Your Jigsaw blade for the job

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Never saw a jig saw blade be plunged like in this video before and not shatter. Bosch Blades hold to the abuse it seems.

WoW that plung of the jigsaw blade was unbelievable!! Almost like it couldn’t be done. I would be afraid to try it. It’ sure I’d break something.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

oh yah i love my bosch jig saw, it really cuts really well. I have no regrets getting it. The video really highlights how versatile it is.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

https://youtu.be/U4VjSwMKGLU
    Never saw a jig saw blade be plunged like in this video before and not shatter. Bosch Blades hold to the abuse it seems.

It’s amazing that he could plunge it and not break the blade. The old guy really gets a kick out of demonstrating the jig.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

WoW that plung of the jigsaw blade was unbelievable!! Almost like it couldn’t be done. I would be afraid to try it. It’ sure I’d break something.

I would say he has done that a few times. Wonder how many blades he folded over before learning this trick?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow nice to know that Bosch blades can take that kind of plunge and not break.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yellaD
    Pro

I really like my Bosch 18v jiggy, I’m gonna go try what he just did! NOT!

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Damn, I wonder what blade did he use, didn’t think it was physically possible to punch through with a flat tipped blade like that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I ain’t going to try that LOL, Funny they didn’t bother to show what blade it is he used. But as I posted in the other thread it had to be really short cuz it didn’t cut through a 2x……..Unless he broke it off trying to plunge like that LOL

yellaD
    Pro

Does anyone know a good long (4″ or longer) blade for hardwood?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It’s amazing that he could plunge it and not break the blade. The old guy really gets a kick out of demonstrating the jig.

lol i did go and try it and I don’t think i have the right blade for it. will have to see if the speed blades will do it. The laminate doesn’t want to plunge, it tries to bend.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

lol i did go and try it and I don’t think i have the right blade for it. will have to see if the speed blades will do it. The laminate doesn’t want to plunge, it tries to bend.

You actually tried it? Well you are crazier than I am.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

So, did the blade bend / break? You need soft wood like a 1x pine.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You need soft wood like a 1x pine.

I would imagine a soft wood would be necessary for a plunge start.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yellaD
    Pro

Do you have a video or pics of you trying this?? That would be AWESOME!!!

Amazing, I use only the Bosch blades as well. I have used other brands in the past, but found the Bosch more reliable, I am going to have to try that with my cordless jigsaw 😮

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.474 seconds