dcsimg

Your Jigsaw blade for the job

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

Hi BTP, just wanted to know what everyone’s go-to jigsaw blade for the specific job at hand. There have been many knowledgable posts about this is topic in different threads, so I was hoping we could amalgamate it all and use as reference material in the future.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Hi BTP, just wanted to know what everyone’s go-to jigsaw blade for the specific job at hand. There have been many knowledgable posts about this is topic in different threads, so I was hoping we could amalgamate it all and use as reference material in the future.

well i’ve been using my new bosch jig saw with the bosch laminate saw blade for laminate right now but otherwise i buy speed blades.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I tend to purchase the Bosch T-Shank Jigsaw Blade Assortment 18pc when they go on sale at CT. Good assortment of wood and metal blades. Another good thing is they are Swiss made.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I only use Bosch blades. Generally I use the “clean” cutting ones but when coping I’ll use the speed blades that are thin from tooth to spine. That type allows for a smaller radius when trying to turn the saw.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I always make sure I have several down cut blades in my jig saw box – great for laminate tops and really helps reduce tear out on soft woods.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have all kinds of them in the shop and I think I always pick the wrong one. Either I am pushing way too hard to make the cut, or getting rough cut. Seems to be no happy medium. I really have to find a way to organize them in a way that is convenient to tell what job each one is for.

Have you ever tried cutting plywood with a blade meant to use on non-ferrous metals? It takes a long time.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I’ve been running the carved as my main jig saw. I have several festool blades that are great. I also use a lot of Bosch blades. I like to buy the variety packsut gives me blades for all situations.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I gave up using the thin blades, Too much wander. I can’t make a straight smooth cut with those, Even when using a straight edge guide. Whatever material I’m cutting I use a thick blade and choose the TPI accordingly

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Bosch and festool. I got some 10″ bosch jigsaw blades and they work better then expected. MrtoolJunkie is the jigsaw expert, hopefully he chimes in.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I use Bosch blades and Bosch saw. I have 2 of the older Bosch jig saws but I am really wanting the newest one Bosch has out now. Like everyone else I use the down cut blade on laminate or any wood that I need a smooth non torn out top side.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Bosch and festool.

A good quality blade is a must in the jiggy. The cheap blades just mess up the work. I like the Bosch blades and use them all the time.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I use Bosch, Festool and a few Mafell. I think that they are all made in the same factory with a different brand or they are all very, very close in quality. I like thicker blades without set for smooth cuts in hardwood and the “clean” blades work great for ply. If I do not care as much about cut quality and speed is more important then I will use a blade with a set. Anything Bosch sells with “DP” in the name are the thicker blades. Festool’s thick blades are all gold colored and labeled “Trion” or “Carvex”.

Orange County, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I don’t use jigsaw that often so I just buy the Bosch blade sets. They have several to suit your purpose (general/woodworking etc. )

Would like to try festool just to try one. Bosch do a good job, probably stick with them

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Bosch and festool.

A good quality blade is a must in the jiggy. The cheap blades just mess up the work. I like the Bosch blades and use them all the time.

Same here @dirtywhiteboy . I’m always using Bosch blades.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i only use the bosch blades.. use to use dewalts but found them extremely brittle… typically i use the fine trim blades for coping baseboard.. otherwise i use the fast cut general purpose blades for notching decking and what not

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I tend to purchase the Bosch T-Shank Jigsaw Blade Assortment 18pc when they go on sale at CT. Good assortment of wood and metal blades. Another good thing is they are Swiss made.

hmm if they ever had a sale again let me know, I wouldn’t mind pick up an 18 pack to try out all the other ones they have, right now all I have are the laminate ones and the speed ones.

yellaD
    Pro

I used a 1010 blade on walnut today and it cut amazing. It got a little rough on the top cut as the blade got dull but the edge was still super clean.

yellaD
    Pro

I have all kinds of them in the shop and I think I always pick the wrong one. Either I am pushing way too hard to make the cut, or getting rough cut. Seems to be no happy medium. I really have to find a way to organize them in a way that is convenient to tell what job each one is for.

Have you ever tried cutting plywood with a blade meant to use on non-ferrous metals? It takes a long time.

Does the 3-4 tooth depth per material thickness still apply? I’ve read that’s the rule of thumb for the bandsaw…

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Never saw a jig saw blade be plunged like in this video before and not shatter. Bosch Blades hold to the abuse it seems.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.505 seconds