dcsimg

Your first work truck

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

Going through a stack of old photos and found a pic of my first work truck, don’t laugh please. I was probably around 22 then and thought it was cool.

Let’s see yours.

Attachments:

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

That is kind of cool Mark. My first work “truck” was a Dodge Caravan that I stripped all the back seats out of and built shelves in it. No pics of it, it wasn’t the best looking work vehicle but I was 19 and it worked… I paid $300 for the van and I drove it for almost three years. The tools I carried in that POS were worth more than the van was lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Mine was a 95 Chevy 1500 4 WD Z 71 dhortbox that i had purchased a few years prior to me starting my business, the truck I had at the time.

My first work truck was a 96′ F150 4×4 regular cab long bed. I leased it and thought I was living large…lol! Good work horse. I had a Weatherguard aluminum truck box plus a side box. I put on a beefy hitch and used the crap out of that truck. After the lease was up I bought a 91′ F150. Always loved my Ford trucks!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Going through a stack of old photos and found a pic of my first work truck, don’t laugh please. I was probably around 22 then and thought it was cool.

Let’s see yours.

Mark , in the day , that was extremely cool.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

ha my first was an old datsun with a tall camper shell on it as well. Great little truck.

Im still just running a ranger but I dont have my own business, Just for side work mostly

yellaD
    Pro

Those old Datsun’s changed the pick-up landscape in NA, they were everyhwere! I’m on my first work truck, 94 Ranger “Edge” package.

redwood
    Pro

That is kind of cool Mark. My first work “truck” was a Dodge Caravan that I stripped all the back seats out of and built shelves in it. No pics of it, it wasn’t the best looking work vehicle but I was 19 and it worked… I paid $300 for the van and I drove it for almost three years. The tools I carried in that POS were worth more than the van was lol.

@chadm

Actually Chad, my first work vehicle was a 1973 Dodge Caravan. Well it wasn’t purchased as a work vehicle, but it became one. Here it is on my very first project that I did as a sub. I bought it new for $2900.

Attachments:

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I bought a 74 Ford 1/2 ton for $450. Ran good, but the whole right side of thee body had been sideswiped.

My current truck is my first and only work truck. It’s a 2008 Isuzu I-290 extended cab. I have a tool box and a utility rack on it.

Attachments:

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

My first work truck was a personal truck also. But it was a 1978 (same year as me) F250, single cab, long bed, 2wd, with a 351W.

Really loved that truck. I bought it in high school for $2500. Was in real good shape. The guy had a camper shell that had the sides cut out for 2 Weather Guard tool boxes. Looking back when I got into construction, I should have kept that camper and tool boxes on but it wasn’t “cool” so I took them off and sold the boxes.

I should have kept the truck but I sold it for a down payment on a house. I would have loved to have it for my son.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Mine was an ’85 Toyota pickup with a camper shell. Someone stole a ton of tools from me when I had that truck. I was doing automotive repair at that time. After the theft, I upgraded from Pep Boys tools to Craftsman, so the thief kind of did me a favor.

Now I keep my tools locked in my garage.

Pat

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Let’s see yours.

Mark, I don’t care what anyone says, your truck is too cool.
    I wish I had a picture of my first truck. I do remember that it was a 65 Ford, a former farm truck tat I bought for $500. I was working as an antique picker then, so new truck was out of the question. During that time I got my first taste of woodworking.
    I put a lot of miles on that old beast before the cab finally rusted off the frame.
    Thanks, Mark, for the opportunity to relive that memory. Good times!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Let’s see yours.

@redwood,
    One question Mark. Did you build the cap? LOL (sorry tried not to laugh)

1999 GMC Sierra, small 4.8L 2WD but was one of the best vehicles I had.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@redwood didn’t see any work Truck Mark, just a camouflage little shed with wheels lol. Al joking aside, my first was actually a car 1992 four door sentra, now you guys can have a good laugh. The best I had was my Escape, with my small 6 foot closed trailer.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

actually I am on my first truck now, the 2015 chevy silverado. I do wish I had bought the Toyota Tacoma though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The first truck my husband put me in to go pick up materials was 1988 dodge dakota..had rust all over the body, and holes in the bed..had to keep a sheet of plywood so nothing would fall through it….it had a wider wheel on the back right that I hit the curbs with so much, that I finally ripped out the axle lol.

@redwood there’s a guy in NC that has the same little house on the back of a hay wagon, donkeys lead the way and a herd of goats are attached on the sides…they call him the goat man..bet Bill @theamcguy knows who I’m talking about

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Redwood the goatman 😉

Don’t want to send this thread down the chicken hole!

I had an 89 GMC 1500 long bed with crossbed and side boxes

Next was/is a 2000 GMC with a cap and bed-slide

Just bought a 2011 GMC for the next in line, but it’ll stay a runner/personal truck for a while

I just noticed my trucks were all GMC, and 11 years apart. I guess I wont get another till 2022 😉

--Steve

redwood
    Pro

One question Mark. Did you build the cap? LOL (sorry tried not to laugh)

Do I get more or less brownie points if I built it myself?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey I like it, Reminds me of a buddy that did the same thing to his Chevy back in the 70’s. His was more of a barn style with shake shingles LOL, I started to build one too but then the engine blew in my old truck so that was the end of that. I even found a pic of it LOL… I drove a little Datsun pickup for about 3-4 years back in the mid 80’s. It was a great little truck, That is after I de-smogged it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.604 seconds