dcsimg

Yonico Bits. Any Good?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I need a shallow bowl-shaped router bit, and it doesn’t seem like Freud makes one. I found this one at Amazon (link below), but the cheap price scares me. Any experience with these?

http://www.amazon.com/Yonico-16170-Router-1-65-Inch-Radius/dp/B00KZM2UEW/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1436239620&sr=8-9&keywords=concave+router+bit

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I need a shallow bowl-shaped router bit, and it doesn’t seem like Freud makes one. I found this one at Amazon (link below), but the cheap price scares me. Any experience with these?

http://www.amazon.com/Yonico-16170-Router-1-65-Inch-Radius/dp/B00KZM2UEW/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1436239620&sr=8-9&keywords=concave+router+bit

Delta

I keep looking at them but haven’t sprung for any yet. They have a big selection and good prices. I see they all get good reviews too so it might be worth giving one a try

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

they’re actually excellent bits and I’ve got most of their sets in my collection. I tried them, because they weren’t expensive and figured I didn’t have anything to lose, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I got mine from here. Good company to deal with and will stand behind their product.

http://www.precisionbits.com/

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The price is cheap enough. Can’t be all that bad with the reviews. I think I would get a couple of them to try out.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

You certainly won’t be disappointed with the quality. I started out with the straight bit set and like them so much, I bought the lot………lol

The price is cheap enough. Can’t be all that bad with the reviews. I think I would get a couple of them to try out.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

You certainly won’t be disappointed with the quality. I started out with the straight bit set and like them so much, I bought the lot………lol

That’s a nice selection you got there Steve. Do you plan to buy every bit they offer ?
    I need to get some replacement bits and I’d like to get a better selection. You don’t by any chance keep your shop locked do you ?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The price does seem cheap I would see that bit typically around 30 bucks or better. I have never used them so I can not comment on the quality however. In some cased you may get a lot more than you pay for I guess. I rarely get that lucky

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I need a shallow bowl-shaped router bit, and it doesn’t seem like Freud makes one. I found this one at Amazon (link below), but the cheap price scares me.

For the price it would be worth it to try it out. Plus it looks like geordie99 like them from the pictures he posted.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

LOL @sprokitz

Not much left to buy from them, but I wouldn’t hesitate to stick with this brand for future bit purchases. There are some architectural moulding bit sets that I will probably buy down the road, but I need to stop buying machinery first…..lol

As for the shop, not locked (in my basement) but it’d be one hell of a trip for you….lol

That’s a nice selection you got there Steve. Do you plan to buy every bit they offer ?
    I need to get some replacement bits and I’d like to get a better selection. You don’t by any chance keep your shop locked do you ?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

At those prices, it would make it easy for someone to get into routing. Cheaper than a lot of bits out there.

Precison bits are pretty good too. I always get a $5 off coupon with my delivery that I can use on the next purchase. You just type in the code when you order online and it automatically deducts from your total.

I deal with a guy named Jonathan there and they’ve always been prompt and courteous with their customer service. Nice company to deal with.

@svensshutters
    is right – at those prices, you can build up a pretty good stock of bits to get you started and it won’t break the bank.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Thanks for all the info. I’m accustomed to spending 40 bucks a pop for Freud bits. But like you say, it’s cheap enough to just give it a shot. Besides, I don’t think Freud makes one in that shape.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I would not have a problem with some of the cheaper bits. If you only use them on occasion they are fine. If you will be using them on a production setting and lots of use I would buy better. I bought a complete set of bits on eBay pretty cheap just so I had any bit I could ever need at hand. They are working out very well and I have no problems with them.

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

Combination of low price and good reviews seems like a winner to me. I would give it a shot. Perhaps, buy one bit to begin with, make sure you get from Amazon, their return/replacement policies are excellent. If the bit is not living up to your expectations, just return it.

BryanT

Good topic. Never heard of this brand before or seen a set of bits like that. Nice prices. Found one similar at the Woodline booth at the Woodworking Show awhile back but they called it a Horizontal Cove Crown Molding bit. This sounds like a manufacturer worth checking out.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

Seems like the combination of good price and good quality is nearly impossible to find these days, i’ll keep an eye out for these bits and give them a try, since you guys with more more experience seem satisfied, thank you!

Quality is definitely there but the only thing I can’t comment on is how they would stand up to heavy industrial use. I don’t use mine in a production setting so I couldn’t say how they would hold up, if that was your intended use.

For the avid woodworker who isn’t going to run them hard every day, they are great!!

Seems like the combination of good price and good quality is nearly impossible to find these days, i’ll keep an eye out for these bits and give them a try, since you guys with more more experience seem satisfied, thank you!

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

No, i would just be using them at home. I’m saving up points for the bosch router kit, so will have to buy some bits to take advantage of the 1/2″ collet, i have a few decent 1/4″ bits, but would like to work on getting a better collection, so this thread has helped me out, thanks!

Cheers – there’s a ton of helpful people on here and I’m glad that this thread was useful to you. For the usage you’re describing, you won’t be disappointed with the Yonico bits.

1/2″ shank will definitely give you a bit more beef. Did you decide on a Bosch kit yet?

No, i would just be using them at home. I’m saving up points for the bosch router kit, so will have to buy some bits to take advantage of the 1/2″ collet, i have a few decent 1/4″ bits, but would like to work on getting a better collection, so this thread has helped me out, thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.435 seconds