dcsimg

Wtf is up with this place?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I’m getting tired of trying to come back to this forum and posting primarily from a mobile device.
    I can never upload a photo as the image upload limit has decreased since my time here in the past.
    The Tapatalk option is no longer functional, and trying to post through Chrome is difficult.

@bethepro
    , if you’d like to keep this forum going Iit’s time you looked in to some updates to get more folks posting.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You are right there bud,,
    Many here also think the site is being killed from within. I mean by plan. With the instant gram going so strong they don’t really want this here anymore.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Hope that’s not true. I remember when this place was getting close to 30 new posts per hour…. It wasn’t just the allure of free tools, this place actually had a community.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I’ve never posted from a cell phone or any other mobile device.
    Desktop or laptop only.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The mobile platform support is flaky at best. But you can try different mobile browsers and see if one works better than the other such as Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari…

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But you can try different mobile browsers and see if one works better than the other such as Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari…

I use Firefox and have absolutely no problem posting. Even the quote function works.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

But you can try different mobile browsers and see if one works better than the other such as Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari…

I use Firefox and have absolutely no problem posting. Even the quote function works.

I use firefox and can’t get a quote to post..

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use firefox and can’t get a quote to post..

EDIT= I don’t use firefox, I switched to Brave.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It wasn’t just the allure of free tools, this place actually had a community.

All forums ebb and flow. I like this site so I check in to see what is happening.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BTP is still around?? I thought it died off years ago. I put in for a small redemption a long time ago and never heard back so I thought it was over.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

BTP is still around?? I thought it died off years ago. I put in for a small redemption a long time ago and never heard back so I thought it was over.

Took me about 3 emails last time, but it did arrive. I agree that this forum is slowly dying. Nothing update, slow redemptions, and terrible content. Was a good ride while it lasted I guess.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

BTP is still around?? I thought it died off years ago.

Still kicking.. Good to hear from you overanalyze, hope all is well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

LOL Happy New Year, Andrew.

Yep, BTP is still kicking, not quite dead but definitely very, very ill.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

I’m getting tired of trying to come back to this forum and posting primarily from a mobile device.
    I can never upload a photo as the image upload limit has decreased since my time here in the past.

I don’t use my phone often, but I’ve never had issues when I did, even with my 4 year old BlackBerry which I recently replaced with an S10. While the BB worked OK for BTP, it needed to go as it was having probs with other programs/apps because it was so old. That’s just the way tech goes, It’s a cat and mouse game between the software pushing the hardware and vise-versa.

The Tapatalk option is no longer functional, and trying to post through Chrome is difficult.

I mentioned this somewhere previously, Tapatalk is not supported here per my previously asking the webmaster for you a while back. Maybe you missed that reply wherever the heck I posted it.

Nobody is doing anything on purpose to thwart the functioning of the forum, it’s simply getting old. Every time there’s a forum software upgrade, there are problems that need fixing. People involved are doing the best they can with the time they have to dedicate to this forum. The patience of members at times is appreciated. If I had more skill at fixing the software, I’d do it myself, but I simply don’t have that kind of skillset although I am taught by the webmaster how to fix some mundane issues that seem to keep recurring. It is what is.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I pretty much exclusively post from my android cellphone (Sonim XP8) and don’t find it too difficult aside from having to rotate the screen from time to time in order to see what I’m writing, and finding photos I took under “download”

I’d like to hope the site isn’t going anywhere. I know instagram is extremely popular these days, but I just never got into it or Twitter or any of the other platforms.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Strange you have problems with mobile browsing. I post quite a bit from my IPhone and IPad. Never any problems. Now I do have to resize some pics. Phones these days take such good pics. In turn making the resolution is so high that is just to large of a file for the limited 3 MB uploads.

Ron

KenW
    Pro

Strange you have problems with mobile browsing. I post quite a bit from my IPhone and IPad. Never any problems. Now I do have to resize some pics. Phones these days take such good pics. In turn making the resolution is so high that is just to large of a file for the limited 3 MB uploads.

Can you change the image size before you take the picture? If you only intend to post them here in the forum?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Can you change the image size before you take the picture? If you only intend to post them here in the forum?

Never tried. I do it while choosing the pic I want to post.

Ron

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.578 seconds