dcsimg

Workshop Functional Improvement Projects You Built.

Viewing 11 posts - 841 through 851 (of 851 total)
  • Author

Saw till is all done now. A couple of missteps on the dovetails but not serious in shop furniture and good practice. I cut too far in the pin behind the mitre on the side panels.

Handsome looking till. Looks like you need to buy about 3 or 4 more saws.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Saw till is all done now. A couple of missteps on the dovetails but not serious in shop furniture and good practice. I cut too far in the pin behind the mitre on the side panels.

It’s beautiful. I love when people take the time to make their ships beautiful as well as functional.

Charlie

Instagram

Looks great , looks like you have a decent collection of hand saws

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I’d say that looks pretty durn sweet. Nice addition to the shop. 🙂
    The dovetails came out great even with the missteps. Nothing a bit of putty can’t fill in.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks, guys, one more step in getting stuff put away in the new shop and, yes, there is room for some more saws. I just have to keep an eye out for them in second hand shops and the Restore.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I talked about this as a means of hanging things in the shop but did not yet post pictures. You start with a floor plate for 1/2 inch pipe. Mount to a board and then mount the board to the wall. Pick as long a length of pipe as you want to hang your items on. It has helped me fill some dead spots with storage of items that can hang. In one picture I show a single mount. In the others, a double mount. I have a six pipe board in the shop also.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I talked about this as a means of hanging things in the shop but did not yet post pictures. You start with a floor plate for 1/2 inch pipe. Mount to a board and then mount the board to the wall. Pick as long a length of pipe as you want to hang your items on. It has helped me fill some dead spots with storage of items that can hang. In one picture I show a single mount. In the others, a double mount. I have a six pipe board in the shop also.

That’s a very cool idea!
    Now I have to buy some floor plate.

Doobie

Great idea Lon. I did similar using some old broom handles for light duty stuff in my shop in a dead space.

Great idea Lon. I did similar using some old broom handles for light duty stuff in my shop in a dead space.

More than once I needed a longer length so all I did was unscrew the shorter pipe and put in a longer one. A 30 second project. If you get the board screwed into a stud, you can hang a ton of weight on it.

Doobie

More than once I needed a longer length so all I did was unscrew the shorter pipe and put in a longer one. A 30 second project. If you get the board screwed into a stud, you can hang a ton of weight on it.

You just spurred an idea for something in my shed that may get stored like that with heavy piping. I’ll try to remember this tomorrow when I go out there and see if it’s feasible.

Thanks Lon , simple but brilliant , I’m definitely going to be using this this upcoming weekend , I’ll pick up the material.

Viewing 11 posts - 841 through 851 (of 851 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.222 seconds