dcsimg

Workshop Functional Improvement Projects You Built.

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 851 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

three hours after work to clean and organize my shop!

Sounds nice to able to get the shop cleaned out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

My wife gave me an unexpected gift today – three hours after work to clean and organize my shop! We just had to replace our fridge, so I had the old broken one in the garage and I was able to get rid of that as well as make some serious headway cleaning out useless materials and rearranging some things to make the space more useable. I’ll take some pictures once it’s all done, but I’m getting there!

Always nice to have time in the man cave LoL

Doobie

My wife gave me an unexpected gift today – three hours after work to clean and organize my shop! We just had to replace our fridge, so I had the old broken one in the garage and I was able to get rid of that as well as make some serious headway cleaning out useless materials and rearranging some things to make the space more useable. I’ll take some pictures once it’s all done, but I’m getting there!

Feels good afterwards, doesn’t it.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Excellent, always nice to get time to set things right in the shop.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

CB
    Pro

What a wonderful wife.

Just think of the alternatives.

Instead of giving you three hours, she could have

Given you a hard time

Given you an ultimatum

Given you divorce papers

Given you an unceremonious burial in your old refrigerator.

I think you got a pretty good deal.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

What a wonderful wife.

Given you a hard time

Given you an ultimatum

Given you divorce papers

I think I’ve got a pretty great deal in general. I mean, I get her, and she gets…me, lol. I’m definitely on the winning side of that bargain!

But it was especially nice to get some time to make some much needed changes in the shop.

Charlie

Instagram

What a wonderful wife.

Given you a hard time

Given you an ultimatum

Given you divorce papers

Haha yeah , that’s one reason I got rid of the freezer in the garage 🤔🤣😂

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

What a wonderful wife.

Given you a hard time

Given you an ultimatum

Given you divorce papers

Haha yeah , that’s one reason I got rid of the freezer in the garage 🤔🤣😂

You got a pretty sweet deal, for sure.

I did a reorganization myself yesterday. I have been struggling with machine placement for efficient work flow since moving into the new shop. I got out my old analog version of Sketch-up (also known as construction paper) and did a new floor plan, then moved the tools around. Much better! I still need to build more storage but that will be another day. Shop still looks junky but at least I can move around easier.

Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

What a wonderful wife.

Given you a hard time

Given you an ultimatum

Given you divorce papers

Haha yeah , that’s one reason I got rid of the freezer in the garage

You got a pretty sweet deal, for sure.

I did a reorganization myself yesterday. I have been struggling with machine placement for efficient work flow since moving into the new shop. I got out my old analog version of Sketch-up (also known as construction paper) and did a new floor plan, then moved the tools around. Much better! I still need to build more storage but that will be another day. Shop still looks junky but at least I can move around easier.

I’ve done similar planning on graph paper for layouts, but I always seem to tweak it a bit in the real world after planning … oh well.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Always nice to get some time in the shop. I hoping to get some time in the workshop this weekend.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

MTRoads
    Pro

@smallerstick, I like the dust collector runs – looks pretty efficient.

Stan

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks, Stan, I haven’t given the system a good workout yet but I’m hopeful it will perform well. I’ll post updates as I work with it.

@wbembrid LOL I know, it never works in real world as well as on paper. I have already done some tweaking.

Doobie

I have been struggling with machine placement for efficient work flow since moving into the new shop. I got out my old analog version of Sketch-up (also known as construction paper) and did a new floor plan, then moved the tools around. Much better!

That’s what I did when I was planning mine as well. Never did learn Sketch Up or any CAD software. I could never get past the learning curve on them.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks, Stan, I haven’t given the system a good workout yet but I’m hopeful it will perform well. I’ll post updates as I work with it.

@wbembrid LOL I know, it never works in real world as well as on paper. I have already done some tweaking.

As much as planning is helpful, there’s nothing like actually being in the space with the tools to help you decide on how things should be. I’m constantly tweaking things too 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

MTRoads
    Pro

Be good to hear how it performs, I have been tossing around the idea of the upper ceiling runs or under the floor runs, not sure which one will work better in my case.

Stan

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Be good to hear how it performs, I have been tossing around the idea of the upper ceiling runs or under the floor runs, not sure which one will work better in my case.

There are advantages to both, of course. My last system was mid wall by necessity. Low ceiling and poor floor. I am favouring ceiling mount now because I have the space and because of the ease of dealing with a possible blockage. The joints for the most part are not taped so can be slipped apart easily. There will be tweaking for sure and that can be managed easier with ceiling mount.

Did some work today and it performed well. Nothing to put any real strain on it though. It cleans up from the TS and jointer very well.

Replacing the Thein separator and 120 liter pail with a Super Dust Deputy and 45 gal drum is the next upgrade. A pleated filter cartridge would be nice to have too.

MTRoads
    Pro

Those additions should make for a sweet setup. And I agree that a pleated filter would be nice. So many little pieces to this puzzle called woodworking. 🙂

Stan

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I put up a new clamp rack yesterday. Before that I had a lot of my clamps hanging from the rafters in my shop, so this is a nice change. I’ll be making another one soon for all my pipe clamps too.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Seems to be up side down??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

And I agree that a pleated filter would be nice

I found it made a huge diff when I installed mine.

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 851 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.010 seconds