dcsimg

Workshop Functional Improvement Projects You Built.

This topic contains 170 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 171 total)
  • Author

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

This has been our best shop improvement. Permanent miter saw station with tons of storage. I would like to add drawers and get some of our shop nailers out of their cases.

Overhead air and outlets close by are another good improvement we did. Our table saw and outfeed serve as our main work area and we often setup my cut table for a secondary work surface.

Now that is a nice use of space, @overanalyze. I really like your table saw workstation.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Wow overanalyze that a beautiful shop.. If I had a shop like that I would use it as my dog house. A few potted plants and it would be like home.

No kidding!

Wide open and nice and bright.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This has been our best shop improvement. Permanent miter saw station with tons of storage. I would like to add drawers and get some of our shop nailers out of their cases.

Andrew very nice setup. Lots of room for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Oh wow, this right up my alley. Here’s pictures of a storage workbench I built.

Great use of the space beside the stairs. Dont know what I would do with that many drawers!

The drill press cabinet is about the best version of that idea I have ever seen!

primarily i have my own version of a mft that i build about a year and a half ago now i guess

Very handy little cart. I like the idea of open storage.

Must be a real pleasure to work in a space that big.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

As nice as a large space is, it can get cluttered real quick! One of our downfalls is we are jacks of most trades…means a lot of stuff.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Much like overanalyze I really enjoy my miter saw station. Lots of room on ether side of the saw, always set up ready to cut.

Attachments:

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Much like overanalyze I really enjoy my miter saw station. Lots of room on ether side of the saw, always set up ready to cut.

Very nice, Ron, I don’t think I have seen a pic since you added doors and drawers. Lots of storage on the wall and lots of wall outlets; can’t have too many of them.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

Great idea for a thread.

I like the idea! My shop is and probably always be a work in progress and I believe I’m not alone in that.

I’d have to say every shop is a work I progress. If your shop isn’t changing, your not learning – and no one knows everything 😉

This is my philosophy as well, I am in the process of redoing my dust collection, I am putting in a 6 inch trunk with 4 inch off shoots, planning to use PVC. I only have a Delta 50-760 so I will have to take its 5 inch main up to 6 inch, and I have to replace my 4 inch Thein baffle with a 6 inch one … but oh well if I ever replace the Delta I can handle more airflow.

Will

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Great idea for a thread.

I like the idea! My shop is and probably always be a work in progress and I believe I’m not alone in that.

I’d have to say every shop is a work I progress. If your shop isn’t changing, your not learning – and no one knows everything 😉

This is my philosophy as well, I am in the process of redoing my dust collection, I am putting in a 6 inch trunk with 4 inch off shoots, planning to use PVC. I only have a Delta 50-760 so I will have to take its 5 inch main up to 6 inch, and I have to replace my 4 inch Thein baffle with a 6 inch one … but oh well if I ever replace the Delta I can handle more airflow.

The 50-760 is the one I have as well. Good move going to 6″ mains to accommodate future expansion.

Any details on the 6″ Thein baffle yet? I need to rework mine to use a larger collection container. It’s a real PITA emptying it all the time when using the planer.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Here’s my drill press add-on I built with onboard dedicated dust extraction.

I designed it also that should I need to take it all off, it could be done in less than 10 mins aside from the time it takes to get all the stuff stored on it off.

I’ve done a few other minor improvements since those photos were taken. I now have an onboard light and the vacuum turns on via the switch that turns the light on also.

Kevin.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Nice looking setup.

This thread is going to make me jelous of everyone’s shop space.

PI_Woodworker wrote:
    Oh wow, this right up my alley. Here’s pictures of a storage workbench I built.

Great use of the space beside the stairs. Dont know what I would do with that many drawers!
    The drill press cabinet is about the best version of that idea I have ever seen!

Thanks Peter! I have always been pleased with how that drill press cart turned out. I borrowed ideas from a couple of places to end up with that. I also built a companion to that cart with a stand for my DeWalt 735 planer. Same drawer setup with the planer sitting on top and the stand on casters to keep portability.

Not a built thing but a tip. Put a box or something for cut offs close to the mitre saw. It’s a machine where you get a lot of little bits that pile up fast.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@doobie , great idea ,

@smallerstick wow Peter some nice improvements , and great work table ,

@Pl Woodworker man Lon thats a very nice work station , beautiful job on that table and smart idea with the swing out storage , I like your L box first aid kit .
    @overanalyze i remember those pictures , great update sin your shop ,

@ronw looking great Ron

man guys I have shop envy , maybe one day , i will be following this thread for sure , lurking and drooling

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s my drill press add-on I built with onboard dedicated dust extraction.

That’s a sweet looking drilling set up.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Looking at this photo helps me figure what I need to do in my shop. Great photo guys thanks for sharing.

Greg

Here’s my miter station, tool chest, and cart for my benchtop planer. Also as simple clamp rack using pipe.

Our one wall is due for some changes to bettee organize it as well as a big need for better scrap sheet good organization. I have some ideas and may start making some changes in our shoo in the next couple months.

Andrew

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Our one wall is due for some changes to bettee organize it as well as a big need for better scrap sheet good organization. I have some ideas and may start making some changes in our shoo in the next couple months.

Wood storage is always a tough one. I need to come up with a better solution myself.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

I am thinking a well divided vertical setup @ronw. Then we just have to be more strict on what we keep and pitch…the “might be able to use it someday” line gets you in trouble to quick.

Andrew

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.579 seconds