dcsimg

Workshop Functional Improvement Projects You Built.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 852 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Can anybody figure out where the lathe is in there? There’s a full size Craftsman lathe in there. Can anybody figure out where it is?

I believe you had shown before it was in the spot next to the router table in a convertible/ flip down bench.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kevin very nice shop you built. You packed a lot into a one car garage.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Can anybody figure out where the lathe is in there? There’s a full size Craftsman lathe in there. Can anybody figure out where it is?

I believe you had shown before it was in the spot next to the router table in a convertible/ flip down bench.

The fourth picture from the last one? It has the hinges on the wooden flip up I believe, nice idea.

Doobie

The fourth picture from the last one? It has the hinges on the wooden flip up I believe, nice idea.

Bingo! 😊

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I thought it was there. I guess I should spoke up.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

@Doobie, was your shop area already insulated, or did you have to add insulation during the conversion from garage to shop?

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

@doobie, was your shop area already insulated, or did you have to add insulation during the conversion from garage to shop?

The walls and ceiling was. The floor ended up insulated by what I did to it. The swing up garage door wasn’t but I gasketed all around it and also did insulate the door itself. It was surprisingly effective even though what I did to the door was a bandaid at the time pending getting a new door which I never felt I had to.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@doobie Do you have A/C in your shop for the summer time?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

@doobie Do you have A/C in your shop for the summer time?

Yes. I branched off two trunks of my HVAC system into my shop and set up a cold air return that filters any dust from escaping thru a cheapo 16×20 furnace filter into the adjacent room which is my office area.

I set it up so that the whole shop can be converted back to being a garage for any future homeowner. Aside from all the equipment in there being removed, the whole space can be converted back to bare concrete floor and park a car in it with about a days work involved.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

doobie Do you have A/C in your shop for the summer time?

Yes. I branched off two trunks of my HVAC system into my shop and set up a cold air return that filters any dust from escaping thru a cheapo 16×20 furnace filter into the adjacent room which is my office area.

I set it up so that the whole shop can be converted back to being a garage for any future homeowner. Aside from all the equipment in there being removed, the whole space can be converted back to bare concrete floor and park a car in it with about a days work involved.

Man AC in the shop is a huge plus this time of the year. I’m looking at mini splits units now for mine.

Ron

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

No huge improvements here, but I did finally repair all the big holes in my work table. I’ve had t oriented a few different ways over the years, and each different orientation needed its own set of track for my cross cut sled. So I had two sets of big gashes in my work surface that weren’t being used for anything and just kept collecting dust and making the surface less pleasant to use. So the other day I mixed up a bunch of sawdust + titebond || and filled those suckers. Sanded them all down after they dried and now they’re basically good as new.

Man AC in the shop is a huge plus this time of the year. I’m looking at mini splits units now for mine.

Boy, I’d love A/C in my shop. That would be amazing.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

No huge improvements here, but I did finally repair all the big holes in my work table. I’ve had t oriented a few different ways over the years, and each different orientation needed its own set of track for my cross cut sled. So I had two sets of big gashes in my work surface that weren’t being used for anything and just kept collecting dust and making the surface less pleasant to use. So the other day I mixed up a bunch of sawdust + titebond || and filled those suckers. Sanded them all down after they dried and now they’re basically good as new.

That’s one of the reasons I’m working on a new outfeed table. I have the same mess of slots going on in mine too. I envy you doing the repair on yours; I can’t wait to have just one pair of slots again.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

What are mini-splits Ron?

I believe that they are those that we call also slim Jims
    The wall mount type,
    Sometimes you can have one outside unit with two heads, for different levels, or wide areas
    Unless it’s different what Ron is talking about

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

This is what I’m looking into. Suppose to be very energy efficient.

Ron

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The wall mount type,
    Sometimes you can have one outside unit with two heads, for different levels, or wide areas

This is what we know as a Slim Jim. lol

Ron

The wall mount type,

This is what we know as a Slim Jim. lol

Lmao, yeah we have those also,

I have installed about 6 of the units you posted just above for Kevin, they are great.
    One even had the heater in it,

Doobie

This is what I’m looking into. Suppose to be very energy efficient.

Hey…maybe I should get something like that for my shed one day once I get it insulated which won’t be for some time. What kind of power do they suck?

EDIT: Looking at this on my desktop I can see this much better. Same thing you often see in hotel rooms nowadays. How pricey are they and where can you buy them?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The Fujitsu Air Conditioners are big here along with the Mitsubishi split units.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

@doobie, was your shop area already insulated, or did you have to add insulation during the conversion from garage to shop?

The walls and ceiling was. The floor ended up insulated by what I did to it. The swing up garage door wasn’t but I gasketed all around it and also did insulate the door itself. It was surprisingly effective even though what I did to the door was a bandaid at the time pending getting a new door which I never felt I had to.

All sounds good on the insulation and garage door.
    As I started with just the poles for the carport, I found a source for insulation ‘cut-offs’ and filled in the 8″ worth of space (poles are 8×8) with all the chunks of cut-off insulation. The exterior is the roofing tin as seen previously.
    Once I got the insulation in place I covered the interior walls with 1/2″ OSB and painted it white.
    For the garage door (which does not function), a neighbor had garage door panels dropped off that were damaged in getting them off the truck.
    They replaced his garage door panels and would not take the damaged ones back – I asked him about it and as he was wondering how to get rid of them, offered to take them off his hands.
    Between all that, a few pieces of foam insulation and a bit of the spray foam stuff – a single electric oil-filled space heater will keep the temp at 50 degrees or so even during sub-zero weather here.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 852 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.043 seconds