dcsimg

Workshop Functional Improvement Projects You Built.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 852 total)
  • Author

Finally finished some shop cabinets today; completed and hung the doors.

Those cabinets sure look great! My shop is such a hodgepodge of odds and ends storage solutions – I dream of someday ripping it all out and starting over with actual cabinets.

Haha yeah, I’m in the same boat kinda, no shop, only a garage, and seems like we keep moving every 6 years approximately, so basically we should start packing up lol

I actually would love a dedicated shop or garage one day.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Those cabinets sure look great! My shop is such a hodgepodge of odds and ends storage solutions – I dream of someday ripping it all out and starting over with actual cabinets.

Haha yeah, I’m in the same boat kinda, no shop, only a garage, and seems like we keep moving every 6 years approximately, so basically we should start packing up lol

Yeah, I spent a lot of years moving around and never having a dedicated shop. This is the first one I have had ever and I am enjoying it.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Yeah, I spent a lot of years moving around and never having a dedicated shop. This is the first one I have had ever and I am enjoying it.

That was us too for the first few years we were married. We switched apartments every year until we got to rent a house. That was the first time we had a garage at all and it took me two years before I started using it for building things and slowly started growing my tool collection.

Charlie

Instagram

That was us too for the first few years we were married. We switched apartments every year until we got to rent a house. That was the first time we had a garage at all and it took me two years before I started using it for building things and slowly started growing my tool collection.

I know, we have been buying and selling houses for a few years, making a fair amount of money, just would like to eventually slow down and keep one long enough to enjoy it.
    Was fun while we were younger, but as I’m getting older, I think I want to slow it down.
    We’ll see what this year brings.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh boy I know the feeling. I have my shop in the basement of a old house is not great. This is my first and only place. I bought when I was single. Also has changed since then. I didn’t do woodworking when I bought it. Plus I only planned on living here 5 years. I tools have grew over the last 7 years I have been woodworking.

Hopefully in the next year or so I have garage to make into a better shop. Time will tell. One can only dream.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

we have been buying and selling houses for a few years, making a fair amount of money, just would like to eventually slow down and keep one long enough to enjoy it.
    Was fun while we were younger, but as I’m getting older, I think I want to slow it down.

Careful the CRA doesn’t kibosh you for the principal residence exemption if you do it too frequently. They’re really starting to track that stuff more now. Since Oct 2016 they now require ANY disposal of residential property to be reported on your tax return.

we have been buying and selling houses for a few years, making a fair amount of money, just would like to eventually slow down and keep one long enough to enjoy it.

Careful the CRA doesn’t kibosh you for the principal residence exemption if you do it too frequently. They’re really starting to track that stuff more now. Since Oct 2016 they now require ANY disposal of residential property to be reported on your tax return.

Oh God no, we are all under control, we have dealt with the Québec government, and we know what works and doesn’t.
    A few years ago we had 3 frigging properties going, that was extremely hard, thanks for the info Kevin.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Started with a carport that had a small storage area at the back. Enclosed, insulated, ran wiring to the new enclosed walls.

The storage room in the back was opened up on one side leaving a small room with a door for the air compressor and some shelves for storage.

Ran copper air lines down both sides of the shop. Eventually want to add a 50amp outlet outside the shop for welding, and an external air drop on the corner closest to the driveway so I don’t have to haul out the 50′ hose just to fill up a tire or two.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Started with a carport that had a small storage area at the back. Enclosed, insulated, ran wiring to the new enclosed walls.

Sounds like me started with a one car garage and just kept improving and building. More electrical drops, air drops, improved lighting etc.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That’s a real transformation. Good space for a shop.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

The storage room in the back was opened up on one side leaving a small room with a door for the air compressor and some shelves for storage.

Ran copper air lines down both sides of the shop. Eventually want to add a 50amp outlet outside the shop for welding, and an external air drop on the corner closest to the driveway so I don’t have to haul out the 50′ hose just to fill up a tire or two.

Shops are a never ending evolution. Thanks for sharing yours!

MTRoads
    Pro

Sounds like me started with a one car garage and just kept improving and building. More electrical drops, air drops, improved lighting etc.

It’s all about functionality… right. 🙂
    Hard to tell for sure, but it seemed like the extra air lines added up to enough storage to lessen the number of times the compressor would kick on.

Stan

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a nice size shop. Do you keep a car in there too?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Nice size shop. Sounds like it’s coming around nicely, I like the idea of the outside airline, that’s practical.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Shops are a never ending evolution. Thanks for sharing yours!

True I have been working on mine for over 35 years.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Now that is the dream right there. That’s a really nice shop you’ve made for yourself!

Charlie

Instagram

MTRoads
    Pro

Nope, no vehicles allowed (it’s set up as a full functioning woodworking shop).
    Unfortunately, cars were parked in there before it was enclosed, so there are ruts in the asphalt floor. Makes keeping tools aligned a bit of a chore – but it works.

Stan

MTRoads
    Pro

Nice size shop. Sounds like it’s coming around nicely, I like the idea of the outside airline, that’s practical.

Ease of access to air is nice – but… there will be a valve just inside the door to control the air in that line. Don’t want to come home to find others ‘getting their free air’ at the expense of my compressor running more than it has to.

Stan

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nope, no vehicles allowed (it’s set up as a full functioning woodworking shop).
    Unfortunately, cars were parked in there before it was enclosed, so there are ruts in the asphalt floor. Makes keeping tools aligned a bit of a chore – but it works.

That’s good. I was hoping you’d say that.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Ease of access to air is nice – but… there will be a valve just inside the door to control the air in that line. Don’t want to come home to find others ‘getting their free air’ at the expense of my compressor running more than it has to.

Yeah, that’s a good idea, especially if it is in an area where car’s and people pass by frequently.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 852 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.359 seconds