dcsimg

Work/Project New Year's Resolutions

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

A little late but I think I have a NY’s res.- To re-do my mom’s kitchen and bathroom in her condo. It’s outdated for the rest of the place. It’ll also be the best excuse to get a track saw, heh.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I’ll be real happy if I get all the trim installed in the 17 places around the house where I’ve remodeled or repaired something. 😮

Now that I have that T4B, I’m actually excited about pulling out the miter saw.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

A little late but I think I have a NY’s res.- To re-do my mom’s kitchen and bathroom in her condo. It’s outdated for the rest of the place. It’ll also be the best excuse to get a track saw, heh.

@YellaD
    Nice that you are going to do this for your mom, I remember kitchen cupboards like that, had them in my last house 20 years ago.

I’ll be real happy if I get all the trim installed in the 17 places around the house where I’ve remodeled or repaired something.

I’m in the same boat Delta, but only in my basement. Remodeled years ago and have yet to finish trimming the doors and base boards. Since I will have the new Axial Glide to help with properly mitered corners. 🙂
    This should be the year to do that and make the wife happy.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I’ll be real happy if I get all the trim installed in the 17 places around the house where I’ve remodeled or repaired something. 😮

Now that I have that T4B, I’m actually excited about pulling out the miter saw.

Delta

I keep a running list of all the little jobs that need doing so I don’t forget them. I look at the list occasionally ….. and then go do something else.

Maybe I can change that ….. just a little.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Add in needing to paint a few drywall patches, and that’s my house too. Why do I never do the little things at my Own place?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

That sounds like a nice thing to do for mom, how come the top cabinets look older (different styles) from the bottom portion in the kitchen.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Why do I never do the little things at my Own place?

The same reason most mechanics drive around with the check engine light on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i think you are going to need to build that cabinet jack that dwb uses. I can’t wait to see this as I wouldn’t mind learning how to make this as well.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Do they now? I think in my case I don’t want to keep working once I get home….or maybe that my house is a few miles further from the hardware stores than most of my jobs and my shop.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Took a New Years resolution many New Years ago not to do any more New Years resolutions and so far I haven’t broken that New Years resolution.

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL so true, We used to joke about that years ago when I was working in a repair shop…. You can always tell who a mechanic is, He’s got the worst running vehicle on the block

Haha, yeah I guess that’s might be the reason that the wifeys nagging me to do stuff around the house lol

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Took a New Years resolution many New Years ago not to do any more New Years resolutions and so far I haven’t broken that New Years resolution.

I don’t even celebrate New Years let alone resolutions 🙂 If I want to change something or improve something I just do it !

yellaD
    Pro

I love New Years! Hehe. It’s always a time for me to do a “systems check”, to reflect on the past year and initiate the projects/plans that got swept under the rug. Without a day like this, I’d lose track of the important things, i.e. health, do something for yourself (loved ones) and not the wallet. Hate saying “next year, next year…” Tmrw isn’t promised to anyone.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

At this point I’m happy to have made it through another year!

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

looking to buy a house and of course fix it up this year. That is my primary goal

yellaD
    Pro

looking to buy a house and of course fix it up this year. That is my primary goal

You can’t go wrong with owning property. How’s the real estate market in West Bend?
    Sorry to be off topic, but I’m watching “Making a Murderer”, just wondering if that was that a big deal in Wisconsin?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

At this point I’m happy to have made it through another year!

That’s how I feel….
    I hope to do more drinking in the new year.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I don’t even celebrate New Years let alone resolutions :-) If I want to change something or improve something I just do it !

thats how I feel, however right now the next thing i need to learn to do again is to solder electronics. It’s been years since i’ve last touched a soldering iron.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

the next thing i need to learn to do again is to solder electronics.

Soldering is not that hard plus it easy to practice. Remember to heat the item being soldered not the solder itself.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.105 seconds