dcsimg

Workmo by Sortimo – expanding the L-Boxx system

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I could never understand the pricing on tool box racks like that. I could build half a dozen for that price.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Honestly, these sortimo workmo 24-750 cabinets are just hard to justify on any level compared to the sys ports (cost-wise)…

Not much of a price break for just the cabinet with out the boxes. Man that is expensive but nice.

You can get a lot of 80/20 for the price of these cabinets In fact, I was able to get extrusion for four 36x18x14.5 deep cabinets that will be perfect for me for little sysports… and then I can put some l-racks on top of them and have a lovely wall of drawer-accessible sortimo stuff

I am definitely looking forward to that project John.
    I need to get a cabinet done as well for my lboxx’s. it’s a pain to get to the tools when they are all stacked up on each other.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

http://www.sortimo-shop.us/dealoftheday.asp

That would probably be my preference if it weren’t for my likely move coming up again in a little over a year. I recently saw someone who did the same with systainers and it looked like it turned out quite nice

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I need to get a cabinet done as well for my lboxx’s. it’s a pain to get to the tools when they are all stacked up on each other.

Have you settled on a design for your cabinet yet?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Yeah you are right, it’s not cheap… but all the possibilities with the accessories are just amazing!

I just bought some more accessories (the rollers to move it around more easily) and I saw they have a deal going on on their shop right now http://www.sortimo-shop.us/dealoftheday.asp

I will definitly post a pic of my setup next week!

Yes please post up a picture, looking forward to seeing how you have it all set up.

@madman_us I would like to see what you thinking of for a st up.

Might copy your ideas 😉

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Have you settled on a design for your cabinet yet?

I would like to have a miter saw station with a bunch of lboxx’s stored in the base. Or a mobile workbench with lboxx storage below.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I would like to have a miter saw station with a bunch of lboxx’s stored in the base. Or a mobile workbench with lboxx storage below.

That sounds nice. Utilizing the dead space under the miter saw and customizing with L-Boxx storage sounds good.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That sounds nice. Utilizing the dead space under the miter saw and customizing with L-Boxx storage sounds good.

It sure does. I would do the same if I didnt need the mobility of the t4b stand

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did you change your handle

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Did you change your handle

I did. Made sure it was ok with Jim first and am only running with this account now

I wanted to drop the _medic aspect, since I havent done that in a while and it gives a first impression that isn’t accurate. Ive been moving all my social accounts over to one or both of my professional facets – woodworking and IT Management and retiring references to my paramedic past

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It sure does. I would do the same if I didnt need the mobility of the t4b stand

Currently my GCM12SD is mounted on the T4B but it’s not necassary for me.
    I want to have the 12″ in the shop and maybe a smaller one on the stand.
    I don’t know yet haha. I’ll see what I come up with.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I need the t4b stand for my 5312 mitersaw. But I can’t find any deal on them pass year. I wanna build a shelf for each box also. It gets annoying trying to get the tool that it’s under another box. I am still gonna get some 3d lboxx and lack.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I need the t4b stand for my 5312 mitersaw. But I can’t find any deal on them pass year.

Tough when a tool you want won’t go on sale. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and pay full price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BrianT
    Pro

Hey guys, just saw that they are doing a promo on their web store http://www.sortimo-shop.us Everything is 10% off. Could be interesting if you want to buy one of those setups.
    I just bought some more accessories and boxxes for mine.

Professional Tool user

Hey guys, just saw that they are doing a promo on their web store http://www.sortimo-shop.us Everything is 10% off. Could be interesting if you want to buy one of those setups.

Cool! Thanks for letting us know

just as I was costing out materials to build cabinets to hold my Lboxx collection

Hangman
    Pro

Dan Patterson @woodman_412 has a video for a L-Boxx DIY that caught my eye awhile back. Part of me thinks these cases are begging for customizations. Haven’t really gotten around to making a top, seems like a great suggestion he’s got!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

woodman_412

@hangman I’ve been getting a lot of use out of my L-Boxx worktop. I’ve used it on all the condo renos I’ve been working on lately for doing the trim work. Makes a great work surface for doing all the coping and also gives some extra support for long lengths of trim at the end of my miter saw station. It’s very versatile and takes up almost no space to take along with me.

Dan

danpattison.com

Hangman
    Pro

Always enjoy your videos Dan @woodman_412 but this one has always stood out, especially those moments when I need that surface! Need to make a point of creating a top so I’m not stuck next time around…and I’ve got dozens of L-Boxxes!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Rewatched that video and yeah using the stack as a mobile work bench is great. Need to come up with a top for mine.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good looking out for us . What did you end up buying . We like pictures here .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.682 seconds