dcsimg

Workmo by Sortimo – expanding the L-Boxx system

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

Came across this a guy who made a L-boxx vacuum . Got the idea from festools design . Used a 6′ 1 1/2 pool hose .

I like that L-Boxx vac, I’ve been trying to figure out a way to do it myself. Does it just fill up the L-Boxx around the motor or use some sort of bin or bag?

I had thought about using an L-Boxx 3D and cutting a hole in the bottom of the upper compartment to accept an automotive air filter. A single bin that took up the drawer area with a hose intake would be needed, and it would work the same way a shop-vac does.

The key is finding that bin (I’ve only seen up to 2/3 of the opening from Bosch) and a powerful motor that will fit in the top section.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah Bosch should come out with an L-Boxx vac and an L-Boxx compressor. Both would be great additions to the system.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Yeah Bosch should come out with an L-Boxx vac and an L-Boxx compressor. Both would be great additions to the system.

Great additions for sure..but they stopped making their compressors! There has to be a reason for doing that, but I’m sure it’s possible to contract with someone like Rol-Air (HINT HINT) and fit a quality compressor into an L-4.

Hmm…would a JC-10 fit in an L-4?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Yes for sure Bill, a small vac in a box would be great, I like these ideas.

Came across this a guy who made a L-boxx vacuum . Got the idea from festools design . Used a 6′ 1 1/2 pool hose .

I like that L-Boxx vac, I’ve been trying to figure out a way to do it myself. Does it just fill up the L-Boxx around the motor or use some sort of bin or bag?

I had thought about using an L-Boxx 3D and cutting a hole in the bottom of the upper compartment to accept an automotive air filter. A single bin that took up the drawer area with a hose intake would be needed, and it would work the same way a shop-vac does.

The key is finding that bin (I’ve only seen up to 2/3 of the opening from Bosch) and a powerful motor that will fit in the top section.

I believe it goes into the canister of the unit No other bag . It’s still a work in progress for him . If he does anymore designs I will post some new ideas .

Always willing to learn .

I think that it would work well for quick cuts, but limited dust collection capacity and I would be worried about heat if it was used steady, still it is a very cool idea.

Will

I think that it would work well for quick cuts, but limited dust collection capacity and I would be worried about heat if it was used steady, still it is a very cool idea.

Or put a dust deputy L-Boxx in front of it… and a heat sink somewhere on the back of the box…

yellaD
    Pro

I love the vac idea. Not sure if the com[ressor would work well if it rattles and other L-boxxes are on top of it…

I think I remember measuring it without the protective cage and thinking it might fit… but I just take my nailers in their l-boxx 3d, put it on an l-dolly, and plop the JC10 on top. It fits just right. But I do have to take it off for access to the 16ga nailer in the top of the 3d.

I would love to see the Workmo system (and especially the accessories) available here. I doubt it will happen anytime soon though :\

John S

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I think I remember measuring it without the protective cage and thinking it might fit… but I just take my nailers in their l-boxx 3d, put it on an l-dolly, and plop the JC10 on top. It fits just right. But I do have to take it off for access to the 16ga nailer in the top of the 3d.

I would love to see the Workmo system (and especially the accessories) available here. I doubt it will happen anytime soon though :\

I guess I never reported back….I looked at the dimensions on their website and concluded that it Will fit without the roll cage, just as you said John.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

The compressor motor and pump from the JC-10 will fit, the tank will not. Remember, L-Boxxes are smaller on the inside than their stated dimensions. I looked briefly for a 2 gallon tank that would fit, but they all seem to be too long.

The JC-10 is so quiet and it is already a cube so there isn’t much wasted space. As much as I’d like an L-Boxx compressor, I’m not sure it is worth the effort for me.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Too bad the JC10 will not fit, that looked like an easy solution.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is what I have done with my JC10 and nailers. Like I said before, it sits on top of the 3D just fine.

I need to add an l-rack-s with an i-boxx72 for nails and all will be right there.

I think I might be able to fit my 16ga nailer into an LST92 drawer, but then I will still need a 3D for that drawer to fit somewhere.

Attachments:

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is what I have done with my JC10 and nailers. Like I said before, it sits on top of the 3D just fine

Nice set-up John S. The JC10 looks right at home on top of the 3D.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is what I have done with my JC10 and nailers. Like I said before, it sits on top of the 3D just fine

Nice set-up John S. The JC10 looks right at home on top of the 3D.

Thanks – the footprint is just right. I haven’t had any issues with it sliding around with the suction cups on the JC10.

But GRRR on the pic being rotated 90… I don’t know why so many of my pics get rotated. Oh well. Sorry.

John S

FYI Sortimo now has an actual US online shop… granted, the prices are pretty tough to swallow, but I would love to get a few of those WorkMos…

http://www.sortimo-shop.us/#

http://www.sortimo.com/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo-international/documents/WorkMo_ENG.pdf

John S

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

FYI Sortimo now has an actual US online shop… granted, the prices are pretty tough to swallow, but I would love to get a few of those WorkMos…

http://www.sortimo-shop.us/#

http://www.sortimo.com/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo-international/documents/WorkMo_ENG.pdf

would this tbox ready work for the bosch lboxxes?
    http://www.sortimo-shop.us/product-p/1000003732.htm

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I think the t boxxes are slightly bigger. So no.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Here is what I have done with my JC10 and nailers. Like I said before, it sits on top of the 3D just fine.

I need to add an l-rack-s with an i-boxx72 for nails and all will be right there.

I think I might be able to fit my 16ga nailer into an LST92 drawer, but then I will still need a 3D for that drawer to fit somewhere.

How do you like that compressor ? I am just about to pull the trigger on the 4.6 gal twin aluminum tank, I wasn’t sure the small single tank would keep up.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Supi you must be making the big bucks! Man they do have some good looking setups but way too rich for my blood.
    http://www.sortimo-shop.us/category-s/124.htm

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.630 seconds