dcsimg

Workmo by Sortimo – expanding the L-Boxx system

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Those are some really cool additions to the system. I think at a point depending on how you work or what kind of work you do the cost of some of those add ons gets to be way more than you’ll ever get a return on in efficiency.

Dan

danpattison.com

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Great to see more of the products offered by Sortimo. Don’t think I would be rolling this on public transit 😀

https://www.facebook.com/Sortimo.International
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SortimoInternational
    https://twitter.com/SortimoGmbH

A Working Pro since 2004

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Those are some really cool additions to the system. I think at a point depending on how you work or what kind of work you do the cost of some of those add ons gets to be way more than you’ll ever get a return on in efficiency.

Is there such a thing as too efficient? Lol

redwood
    Pro

So are the WorkMo products available in North America?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Great to see more of the products offered by Sortimo. Don’t think I would be rolling this on public transit 😀

https://www.facebook.com/Sortimo.International
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SortimoInternational
    https://twitter.com/SortimoGmbH

I really like the boxes that go in that compact vehicle, it looks like it would do well for my versa.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Used the L-racks to expand my L-Boxx-3D.

A Working Pro since 2004

The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

Nice! That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking of doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Nice! That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking of doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was searching online and found this gem of a site. Some really interesting mods and products here!
    https://www.foerch.de/varoregal-lagersysteme-sortimente#&&page=4&mode=tiles

Bottom of page on the right lets you select language
    English page of products
    http://en.foerch.com/productgroup.aspx?g=6d2ec46e-6355-42b7-b1cb-88e0688bad24

A Working Pro since 2004

The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

That all looks cool, but it looks like it’s just sortimo stuff with their tools and a few of their other storage items. Also looks like it’d be very difficult/expensive to get in the states.

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

What is it that you don’t like about the L-box system that is better in the Festool system?

I really like my boxes. They have stood up to quite a bit if abuse and still manage to look pretty good too.

I feel they could be easier to click together and taking them apart. I am also pretty hung up on the access to lower units when they are stacked. Plus more options with Systainers. Well. ….till I saw this thread.

I had a bit of difficulty at first with mine, when I would try to set one down and click it in there was a lot of sliding around, only one side clicking in, etc. I found that by doing it a bit less gingerly, basically “dropping” the box from about 2″ high onto the one below it, while keeping a loose grip on the handle, it clicks in almost every time.

I’ve also been messing around with stacking options and have found that 5 L-Boxx 1’s stacked together is about the max that is efficient for me. The stack is about 20″ high, light enough to put in and out of the truck with one hand, and I can grab all 4 of the top boxes easily, unclick them, and set them next to the bottom box to get in it easily.

My biggest issue is when I set two stacks of boxes too close to each other, and I can’t fit my hand in to release the inner clips to take the top boxes off. Just something I need to pay attention to when I set them down, I’m sure I will get used to leaving a bit of space between them.

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

Those slide-out cabinets look like they would be ideal for plumbing and electrical fittings, where you just want to grab a piece quickly, or installations where you are moving through a commercial building repeating the same task over and over. I don’t see any real benefit for my type of remodeling/carpentry work, as I find it more efficient to unstack the boxes I’m using and leave them next to each other. When I set a tool down I put it back in its insert in the open box, so I’m not hunting for things, I don’t have to load tools at the end of the day, and I’m not opening and closing the boxes constantly.

The folding table that mounts to the L-Boxx cart on one side instead of legs could be handy for guys that do very specialized work, where they need the same tools 100% of the time, but again that’s not my niche. Depending on what I’m doing I will take my Paulk workbench, just a pair of sawhorses, or sometimes work directly off the stack of lumber on my utility trailer. Having to haul out extra pieces because other pieces rely on them would slow me down a lot of the time.

Came across this a guy who made a L-boxx vacuum . Got the idea from festools design . Used a 6′ 1 1/2 pool hose .

Always willing to learn .

The_Grizz
    Pro
    Rome, GA

Came across this a guy who made a L-boxx vacuum . Got the idea from festools design . Used a 6′ 1 1/2 pool hose .

I have the Rigid Pro Pack vacuum, and I have wondered about trying to shoehorn the guts from it into a L-Boxx 4 with maybe a L-Boxx 1 on top for hose and accessories. Would make me cry if I screwed it up though, $99 vacuum and $80 L-Boxx down the drain.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have the Rigid Pro Pack vacuum,

I’ve looked at that one. It would fit nicely in my van.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Looks funny with that tiny vacuum in the lboxx. but good find Skillman.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Rigid Pro Pack vacuum

I have Rigid ProPak and really like it. Compact unit all in one box.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

wonder how it works , interesting find ,

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

that is pretty cool, but what kind of vacuum is in the guts of the lboxx?

It’s a shark rocket @r-ice .

The guy who made it seems to like it so far . Says the shark vacuum has good power and is quite .

Yay I think the same way . But maybe he can fit more attachments in there .

Always willing to learn .

It’s a shark rocket @r-ice .

The guy who made it seems to like it so far . Says the shark vacuum has good power and is quite .

Yay I think the same way . But maybe he can fit more attachments in there .

thats cool, looks like its for a quick cuts , not anything major , does the dust get collected into the l box, looks like a good idea ,

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.782 seconds