dcsimg

Workmo by Sortimo – expanding the L-Boxx system

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Ran across this on TalkFestool. Interesting ideas that combine racks and work surfaces. What do you think?
    http://www.sortimo.com/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo-international/documents/WorkMo_ENG.pdf

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Looks like they have some cool looking stuff there thanks for sharing.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thats a pretty interesting line of boxes they have, i like the work surface idea. Didn’t someone here do that to their lboxxes. ?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like the work surface option also and the ability to keep adding to the stack.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

thats a pretty interesting line of boxes they have, i like the work surface idea. Didn’t someone here do that to their lboxxes. ?

I recall seeing pictures of a work surface with cutouts to clip on top of a stack of L-BOXX’s. Doesn’t give you the ability to add to it though.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I recall seeing pictures of a work surface with cutouts to clip on top of a stack of L-BOXX’s.

Anybody with a link? Also I know there is a tray for the L-Boxxes but for some reason NAINA. Anybody find one on eBay or via a search from a place in Europe? I have had no luck.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I think this basic system was in around $1200BP!!

Nice but CRAZY expensive.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Thanks for sharing. That is a really neat way to stay organized in the shop or on the go. It seems much more functional than a traditional red tool box on wheels. I especially like the use of Bosch drill on page 25. Too many companies use old yellow for their tools in pictures.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

theamcguy
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/l-boxx-work-table/#post-106301

Not sure if it was ever released.

That’s it, I knew I saw it on here. ThanX @Reflector

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Well after owning the L-BOXXes for a while I was dead set on buying Festool from now on. But this might have restored my interest in Sortmo.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

those are really sharp.. adds way more options to their arsenal.

its cool to see that they are now making them available to different brands.. that makes things more universal for tradesman with different brands of tools

interesting to see that they now have the mftc table top availbable now.. i wonder what the price point is on them compared to the festool

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

According to comments on the other site, it’s a pricey system.
    A few people also noted similarities in some of the products with this diy systainer/work table:
    http://www.benchworks.be/mftc.html
    It’s a slick design.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Well after owning the L-BOXXes for a while I was dead set on buying Festool from now on. But this might have restored my interest in Sortmo.

What is it that you don’t like about the L-box system that is better in the Festool system?

I really like my boxes. They have stood up to quite a bit if abuse and still manage to look pretty good too.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

some nice features in that system, though for the price i can just imagine it will cost I doubt i will add much of it.

I have to say the t-boxxes look interesting

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

What is it that you don’t like about the L-box system that is better in the Festool system?

I really like my boxes. They have stood up to quite a bit if abuse and still manage to look pretty good too.

I feel they could be easier to click together and taking them apart. I am also pretty hung up on the access to lower units when they are stacked. Plus more options with Systainers. Well. ….till I saw this thread.

Very nice , cool idea that they give you options , but kind of expensive , Would be nice .

I think it is pretty cool. Pricey, but cool and could be useful for a mobile shop.

Orange County, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I feel they could be easier to click together and taking them apart. I am also pretty hung up on the access to lower units when they are stacked. Plus more options with Systainers. Well. ….till I saw this thread.

yah these are my main complaints too, i was thinking i haven’t worked them enough yet and thats why it is sticking so much.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

For me, the one advantage the Sortimo (L-Boxx) system had over Tanos (Systainer) was the drawer units. Well, there are older style non-T-loc Sortainers but I’ve got all T-locs so didn’t want them. [And I made the decision before finding BTP – would probably go with L-Boxxes now if starting from scratch].
    Anyway, Tanos recently announced a combi Systainer (with one drawer at bottom) and T-loc Sortainers. A few places in Canada carry them already.
    http://www.tanos.de/007/En/HOME/PRODUCT_AREAS/New_products/systainer_T-Loc_SYS-Combi_II_III.html
    http://www.tanos.de/Default.asp?oid=007&lid=En&navid=100423
    I’m pleased to see that both companies are expanding the options within their lines. If only they could lower the prices some!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.758 seconds