dcsimg

Workers Comp Article Worth Reading

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  JimDaddyO 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Palm Desert, CA

Thanks for the link, Cali. I would consider that article a must-read for contractors. It’s full of valuable information that could save someone hundreds of dollars of unnecessary expenditures.
    Although I am a sole proprietor with no employees, when I hire a contractor I always go to the State Contractors License Board to check the contractor’s license. I check that it’s active and that he has no red flags.
    I had discovered that according to the SCLB, my water remediation contractor was not up to date on his workers comp insurance. So, I told him about it. He called the office and found out that they did have current coverage but the state was behind in the data updates. He brought evidence of insurance to me.

Pat

Great article, thanks!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Great article, thanks!

Calidecks64 hasn’t post here in a long time.. but was a good article..
    you might want to check the date.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

In Ontario, Canada, it’s the WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board) and I can tell you first hand that, as an injured worker, they are a PITA to deal with and having to live off their payments is no joy either. I get poorer every year as the increase in their meager payout is much less than the inflation rate. Getting prescriptions from them is like navigating the 7th circle of hell too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

In Ontario, Canada, it’s the WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board) and I can tell you first hand that, as an injured worker, they are a PITA to deal with and having to live off their payments is no joy either. I get poorer every year as the increase in their meager payout is much less than the inflation rate. Getting prescriptions from them is like navigating the 7th circle of hell too.

WSIB doesn’t do COLA? Damn. that’s harsh.

Are you a permanent disability?

WSIB doesn’t do COLA? Damn. that’s harsh.

Are you a permanent disability?

Oh yes, they do, but only on FULL disability (unable to work). They will do everything in their power to deny that. In my case, they put that I was able to work 15 hours per week. Who is going to hire for that? For partial disability (like mine) it is much much lower than the rate of inflation. On top of that I lost all of my medical and dental benefits that I had at my job, so now going to the dentist and getting prescriptions filled is not really affordable to me now.

Edit: Let’s skip all the mushy condolences and tear jerk part. Everyone has a sad story. I just put my example of it as that…just an example. Just be careful out there guys and don’t get hurt. You have the rest of your life to go, it doesn’t always have to be done in a rush.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.299 seconds