dcsimg

Work Socks

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

ya, the funny part is they all failed in different spot. one heal, one toe, one pad and one on the top side of all places.

They def haven’t lasted the longest but the warranty is good.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

After 8-10 months of extreme product testing I have finally come up with the worlds best sock. I tried out all top manufacturers and Darn Tough socks are the clear winner. Foot comfort is a major factor in determining how long I can work for a day so the sock is key.

They are a bit pricey at $17 but well worth it considering they have a lifetime warranty. I just bought 4 more pairs because I feel so strongly about how they perform.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DN0K24/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yep I second this, Darn Tough are great and if you do wear them out they get replaced. What’s not to like?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RyanF
    Pro

I might have to try out some of these Darn Tough socks. I’ve heard the Thorlos are very good as well. I’ve never had dedicated “work” socks.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Ryan, I can guarantee that you won’t be sorry if you pick up a pair. They last incredibly long even under tough conditions. There may be some socks out there that will last longer but if you factor in everyday comfort I think Darn Tough wins.

Gearing up for winter and i was thinking my socks are looking shabby. I bought some cheap Walmart wool socks last year and they were great for warmth and comfort but suckedfor durability. I will have to order some Darn Tough socks to try…although $17 is really expensive for socks.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What do you like about the Darn Tough socks? Is it because they are warm?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

They are really comfortable.
    Even though they are wool, they do not itch at all.
    They keep your feet warm but do not make you sweat – and generally, the socks help wick away the sweat.

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I too have used Darn Tough socks and they are warm. Not a big consideration in Hawaii unless you are on the big island and working up on one of the volcanoes. But they do have light weight versions and they do last a long time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Okay, you guys have me convinced. Next time I need work socks, Darn Tough is what gets bought. How well do they stay up?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I wouldn`t pay $17.00 for a pair of socks but I know my kids will for a Christmas gift 🙂

Thatkid
    Pro

I used to put plastic grocery bags over my feet before I slipped my boots on during the winter time .

I had to do that all last winter when my boots leaked like crazy and it worked really we’ll. my feet were still frozen half way through the day but at least they weren’t wet.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I used to put plastic grocery bags over my feet before I slipped my boots on during the winter time .

I had to do that all last winter when my boots leaked like crazy and it worked really we’ll. my feet were still frozen half way through the day but at least they weren’t wet.

It is a good temporary fix until you get new boots .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good thinking there. It got you throughout the winter. I too have cold feet. I have found that only two things keep my feet warm, one is using a pair of rubber boots over my work boots. Get the good ones with a bit of felt lining on the inside. The other option is a pair of gum boots with the removable felt liner. These are getting hard to find. I really like the low cut ones that look like a regular pair of shoes. The modern ones seem to be made with a bit of lining and some thermofil, but if you can find the ones with the removable heavy thick felt liner they really work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It is not too uncommon to be able to buy one get one half off at local stores that carry the Darn Tough socks…. or even to find them around $10 online. And then it is a no brainer 🙂 Still not cheap, but it hurts the wallet a little less.

John S

RyanF
    Pro

Thanks @Mke_voltage that’s good enough for me. I ordered a pair from your link to try them out. I’d say the comfort factor (temp, moisture, cushioning) is more important overall than strictly how long they last, but that would be a very nice too.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

They are warm when you need them to be but they breath really well so your feet never feel hot and wet. I wore them when I was down in Mexico this year and it was 95+ and humid.

Okay, you guys have me convinced. Next time I need work socks, Darn Tough is what gets bought. How well do they stay up?

Yes, unlike some other wool socks out there these do stay up.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Still wearing pairs of darn tough all the time

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Still wearing pairs of darn tough all the time

Same here. Darn Tough makes a heck of a good sock…When I first found them the price kind of turned me off but they are worth every penny – hands down the most comfortable sock I have ever worn.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I found another brand called Fits that I’ve been liking lately as well.

Darn tough are still my go to socks, some are getting thin- but the warranty is good 🙂

Will

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.572 seconds