dcsimg

Work Socks

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man Jason I have neuroma in my right foot and Plantar fasciitis in my left foot. Also on the right foot has a toe that is so dislocated it kills me most of the time! So yes I use many things in my shoe to help my feet out.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Man Jason I have neuroma in my right foot and Plantar fasciitis in my left foot. Also on the right foot has a toe that is so dislocated it kills me most of the time! So yes I use many things in my shoe to help my feet out.

Ouch Dirty, I didn’t know you were that bad off. Then I have to believe you are doing everything there is available to alleviate that.

kzcarp
    Pro

I found the darn tough socks this weekend at a bookstore in Vermont. And bought a pair. Haven’t tried them yet, but I will soon, we woke up to a bit of snow today.
    Dirty, how do you get pneumonia in your foot?

kevin

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

kevin

come on Kevin it’s not pneumonia it’s neuroma. When the Dr. said it’s neuroma, I said I knew it had a bad aroma but didn’t know it had a new roma

Dirty

I found the darn tough socks this weekend at a bookstore in Vermont. And bought a pair. Haven’t tried them yet, but I will soon, we woke up to a bit of snow today.<br>

kevin

hahaha that is what i thought Dirty said as well… hilarious!!

I bet you will be another happy darn tough sock lover! I am with Jim on spending money on socks, but you have to when you live in the north :\

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I found the darn tough socks this weekend at a bookstore in Vermont. And bought a pair. Haven’t tried them yet, but I will soon, we woke up to a bit of snow today.<br>

kevin

Great purchase Kevin, I hope you like them as much as I do. If I can find them at the right price I might take the plunge and get a dozen or so pairs.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Jason what would be the right price? as I have not researched them yet.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I usually wear merino wool socks. I have all different brands.

I usually wear merino wool socks. I have all different brands.

Have you given Darn Tough a try? I used to use a couple different brands of merino wool before Darn Tough, but I don’t think I will ever go back…

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like socks that stay cool in the winter months.

Dirty

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Yes, I actually just bought a pair and I like them so far. I have several pairs of smart wool, Patagonia, timberland, and a couple other random brands. Darn tough do seem like they will last the longest, they are heafty.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I would say between Darn Tough and Fit socks they are pretty much in a dead heat. The darn tough socks are much more durable than any other sock I own. And even with the sock being tough it breathes and wicks moisture very well.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

These socks sound great and the reviews on amazon are fantastic.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Sometimes I like to wear Hosiery

Dirty

I’m not biased towards one brand but they need to be Marino wool. It wicks the sweat and heavier ones are pretty warm for the winter months.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I just blew out my first Darn Tough sock. Ripped a hole in the heal. Still great socks. Sending it back for replacement. That alone rocks.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

After 8-10 months of extreme product testing I have finally come up with the worlds best sock. I tried out all top manufacturers and Darn Tough socks are the clear winner. Foot comfort is a major factor in determining how long I can work for a day so the sock is key.

They are a bit pricey at $17 but well worth it considering they have a lifetime warranty. I just bought 4 more pairs because I feel so strongly about how they perform.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DN0K24/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

This is timely. I just polished off all three pair of Darn tough socks. Off for replacement. I had to buy a three pack of woolies for $17 just to get by.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Damn, I am really impressed that you were able to wear through them! I have been wearing my one pair as fast as I can wash it and it still looks pretty good after 10 months. I am really looking forward to the infusion of 4 more pairs into the rotation.

This is timely. I just polished off all three pair of Darn tough socks. Off for replacement. I had to buy a three pack of woolies for $17 just to get by.

I guess i rotate my two pairs of darn tough socks, but they still look brand new after over a year of use from me… Great socks indeed!

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.511 seconds