dcsimg

Work Socks

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I use that trick before i slide Rubber boots over my regular boots, much easier to take off after sloshing around in the mud and concrete all day.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

All of this talk of comfortable, dry, warm feet reminded of the old green rubber boots I had as a kid. They were decidely NOT comfortable, dry, or warm but that is what we worked and hunted in most of the winter.

I use that trick before i slide Rubber boots over my regular boots, much easier to take off after sloshing around in the mud and concrete all day.

By rubber boots, what exactly do you mean…? Makes sense, but I am having a hard time imagining…

John S

And alpaca socks… man – Brian, do I need to fly to Peru to get me some? haha…

John S

I found some angora wool socks and they really kept my feet warm. Polypropylene liner socks help keep you feet dry and thus warm.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Agreed Jason. I used to shy away from wool thinking it would be itchy. Not the case and the feet stay comfortably warm.

I find wool socks are very itchy and they always slide down your legs after using them a few times .

I like the Smart Wool brand John and have not found them to be itchy. They stay up too.

Lon – I agree… smart wool makes nice socks, but to see holes in the bottom of the soles on my wife’s socks after a year’s use is a bit discouraging, considering the price….

Hence, I am encouraging her to get some darn tough socks… But it is hard to find ‘thinner’ versions of the darn tough socks. Most of their stuff is too thick for her to just wear to her work each day

John S

My wife and grown daughter also wear the thin ladies version and no problems with wear at our end. You must be working your wife too hard 🙂 I am going to check out the darn tough socks though.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I ran the Boggs boot sock last night in some tennis shoes and I was on my feet for a long time. My feet remained cool and comfortable all night. I will keep you updated on the durability.

One nice feature is the reduced slip finish on the bottom which keeps your foot in one place.

My wife and grown daughter also wear the thin ladies version and no problems with wear at our end. You must be working your wife too hard :) I am going to check out the darn tough socks though.

haha well, she is a teacher – it is all those little kids that make her work too hard 😛

John S

Attachments:

I checked out the Darn Tough socks tonight. They look quite nice. The first pair is on order John.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

And alpaca socks… man – Brian, do I need to fly to Peru to get me some? haha…

Nope, there are a few Alpaca farms by my house, and my wife works with someone that owns a farm and makes the socks, unlike wool, they are unbelievably soft. They also are grown locally and produced in the USA.

Awesome Lon! I hope they don’t disappoint!

Do you guys wash and air dry your wool socks or dry them as well?

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I buy thick socks at Costco and they might be cotton??
    At the end of the day they are very ripe

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I figured out there you just wore sandals or went barefoot Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No we wear slippahs,,, but not at work. We must put on a professional image to get any good money. When we work in a finnished house the slippahs come out because we never wear shoes inside the house!!!

Dirty

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Cool Sign.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

At any given surf spot you will see many slippahs on the beach and it is Kapu to touch them!

Dirty

Can you elaborate on what kapu means…?

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.630 seconds