dcsimg

Work Socks

This topic contains 115 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jason MKE_Voltage 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

What do you guys wear in your work boots for socks? I wear cotton socks on a normal basis but in boots I think there has to be a better option.

Profile photo of Kurt
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Ankle high gold toe cotton. I never wear anythingnelse unless it is not for dress.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Ankle high gold toe cotton. I never wear anythingnelse unless it is not for dress.

I do like the gold toe. They last 2x longer than traditional white cotton socks.

Profile photo of Jerry
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Skiatook, OK

I used some anti impact sock by Dickies from Walmart for a while. I called them my squishy socks. They were great except for their longevity. I went back to regular old hanes or fruit of the loom tube socks.

Darn tough makes great merino wool socks of different varieties… and they come with a lifetime guarantee!!

John S

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John, I do love merino wool and I love a lifetime warranty! I am buying a pair of these tonight.

Just doing some reading that these socks sound great.

Order placed, Amazon Prime Style.

Profile photo of Jim
    jim_hunt17
    Milwaukee, WI

I run just normal gold toes when the weather is nice. But in winter nothing but REI wool socks. I cant have enough pairs of them. Looked at the merino and those look pretty nice. Keep us updated on how you feel about your new pair Jason

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

haha that is awesome Jason… I haven’t had to deal with darn tough’s warranty, but after one year of wear they are still going strong… My wife’s smart wool is not though

John S

Profile photo of Brian
    parenos
    Honesdale, PA

they look pretty cool but I can still not get myself to spend 20 bucks for a pair of socks.

Profile photo of John. L
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am just waiting for Bosch to come out with heated boots 🙂

I like the Smart Wool so far. No wear problems that I notice. They come out in the fall and I wear them through spring. I enjoy their cushy bottom models – my feet don’t get as sore with a lot of standing. Never heard of Darn Tough but will check them out.

Profile photo of Boyd
    Dabbs

John, I used to have a pair of heated sole’s, And they were 12 volt. Very popular for snowmobiling. The wires came up and out of the top of the boot, I had to install a plug down where my feet went. I’ll bet you could wire those in to a Bosch 12v battery

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I just picked up there pair of Boggs marino wool socks today at a clearance sale. I will let you guys know if they hold up. Should have those “Darn Tough” socks by the weekend.

they look pretty cool but I can still not get myself to spend 20 bucks for a pair of socks.

I hear ya Brian, but other brands of ‘wool’ socks are somewhere between $8-13 and you can usually get darn tough for $15-20… Not that bad in my opinion for lifetime guarantee and for the quality in my opinion.

John S

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I hear ya Brian, but other brands of ‘wool’ socks are somewhere between $8-13 and you can usually get darn tough for $15-20… Not that bad in my opinion for lifetime guarantee and for the quality in my opinion.

It took me a really really long time to get to the point where I would fork out that kind of money for a sock. I have found that there is no substitute for a quality sock. When I am on my feet all day long the last thing I want is sweaty or wet feet. I think marino wool blend is the best.

The other factor besides sweating a lot = the fact that is gets cold – for real – here in the Twin Cities… and I want to keep my feetsies nice and cosy!

John S

Profile photo of John. L
    cranbrook2
    Pro

I used to put plastic grocery bags over my feet before I slipped my boots on during the winter time .

Profile photo of Brian
    parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I wear alpaca wool socks. Made locally for about 10 dollars a pair. I have had 25 dollar socks before but these are the warmest socks I have ever worn. I have had wool before, but these are hands down the best. If you ever get a chance get a pair of alpaca socks.

Profile photo of Jerry
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Skiatook, OK

John L. I have done that also with the grocery bags. It worked great for me until I really started working hard. No place for the sweat to evaporate to. I ended up with really really cold feet.

Profile photo of John. L
    cranbrook2
    Pro

John L. I have done that also with the grocery bags. It worked great for me until I really started working hard. No place for the sweat to evaporate to. I ended up with really really cold feet.

They work great for leaky boots but like you said you can still sweat in them 🙁

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.401 seconds