dcsimg

Work Shorts

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well I’ve been buying new work shorts lately and with a limited brands and styles out here I’ve found the Riggs Workrear by Wrangler to be very good at about half the cost of the high end shorts. I get these for about 34 buck a pair. I a bit leery of ordering the expensive one online not knowing if they will fit or how they will hold up. I seem to get very dirty at times and put my pants through a lot! These riggs have a lot reenforcement for the tape measure and the top of the back pockets too. When you post pics of you work shorts please post the price so we know what range we are in. Thank You Very much. DWB

kzcarp
    Pro

I like the Riggs too. They are a sturdy pair of shorts for not a ton of money. The pants are the same, in fact I’m wearing them now. Not that you ever need long pants in Hawaii. I also have bought some cargo shorts from old navy that hold up about a summer for cheap.

kevin

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I wear the Riggs (around $35) and Duluth Trading Fire Hose work shorts (about $49).

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Man aren’t those fire hose shorts heavy and cumbersome. I can’t stand heavy material when it comes to clothes.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Man aren’t those fire hose shorts heavy and cumbersome. I can’t stand heavy material when it comes to clothes.

Sorry, should have said the fire hose flex – they are about the same weight as canvas shorts.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

No Carhartt lovers?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No Carhartt lovers?

I haven’t tried them, what’s the price range?

I’d say $20 – 40 depending on the model and if they have a sale on them. Lots of choices.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’d say $20 – 40 depending on the model and if they have a sale on them. Lots of choices.

That’s not bad. How do those Blaklader on the list stack up against them? I might use some points for them.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I don’t know about the Blaklader shorts but I have been eyeing up the work kilt.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I like Carhartt’s…got three pairs and I wear them all the time, especially in winter. I am looking at the Blaklader…need to find a local source to try them on for fit. I am leary about ordering some stuff online since you never know how it will truly fit.

Orange County, CA

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Duluth all the way. I like them a lot better than the carhartt ones

We have some reviews on the blaklader shorts here: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/blaklader-shorts/ I think everyone who has them has been pleased with them – I am eager to break them out once it gets nicer out!

John S

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Has anyone ever wore swim trunks to work? I’m thinking of it. They are very comfortable.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Not to mention they are very cool as well.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Been wearing Carharts for 15 years. Ilove them. I got them at the local Cabelas. My wife worked there so I got them for about 18 bucks for the Jeans. Before she left I picked up about 20 pair. 9 years later I am out andnthey quit carrying my style. I need to find a new source.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Has anyone ever wore swim trunks to work? I’m thinking of it. They are very comfortable.

It’s very common here, makes it easy to go surfing at lunch.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Didn’t see this sub section. I’ve never seen those shorts but I love the ideas of the reinforced spots for a tape. All my work pants are ripped on both sides! I’m going to find those shorts for this year. I’ve always been wearing pants lately but I want to wear some shorts this year.

Thatkid
    Pro

I realy like the carhartt work shorts. They hold up really welI I have 2 pairs I wore almost everyday last summer and they are still holding together.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Didn’t see this sub section. I’ve never seen those shorts but I love the ideas of the reinforced spots for a tape. All my work pants are ripped on both sides! I’m going to find those shorts for this year. I’ve always been wearing pants lately but I want to wear some shorts this year.

I too like the idea of the reinforced pocket. Will have to find some.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.400 seconds