dcsimg

Work shop

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

How much did that thing cost to put up, wanna come here and build one for me?? That is sweet. I have been beating up the wife for a while now for a shop like that. But I’m thinking 30’x20′ at least. 10′ would work, but may work, but I would have to go 10′ high then for extra storage.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I did do the doors, though I tried to talk him out of it. They are not exactly weather proof.

Mark, is there anyway to seal a door like that up? They are beautiful.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

But I’m thinking 30′x20′ at least. 10′ would work, but may work, but I would have to go 10′ high then for extra storage.

Thus the issue we all always come back to…. at what point is the size sufficient for current needs with sufficient room for expansion… and it always seems like “just a little bit bigger” would be nice 🙂

Thus, my goal is to continue to find ways to optimally use a small shop. That way, the issue with dissatisfaction in my current shop will be somewhat lessened 🙂 Though there really is no such thing as the perfect sized shop. Unless you bring in reality, at which point it is best to have a shop sized so that you can afford filling it and using it 🙂

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Very nice work shop!! The big barn type doors and black hardware really set it off.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

redwood
    Pro

I did do the doors, though I tried to talk him out of it. They are not exactly weather proof.

Mark, is there anyway to seal a door like that up? They are beautiful.

I’m sure there are, but he did not seem too concerned. We work by the hour for this guy and basically carry things only as far as he wants them.

This property is a rental now, so who knows what that workshop is being used for now.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I have found that I just use the space I have and I can be happy. I would love more space to leave things set-up, but that is just not going to happen for awhile.

Orange County, CA

This property is a rental now, so who knows what that workshop is being used for now.

That is a bit of a sad prospect, but hopefully the renter is a handy guy and is using the space as it deserves to be used!!!

John S

Nice project came out great, i like the overhang for sanding and finishing outside.

Andre_C
    Pro
    Miramichi, New-Brunswick

Very well done Mark. I truly love those doors, too bad they don’t fit my shop. I didn’t see too many electrical outlets on the wall, was it doe later or the HO didn’t bother?

RSG
    Pro
    Niles, OH

Very nice!!!! Wish I had the room to build a nice shop out back. Been trying to buy the peice of land next to us but the guy thinks its worth a fortune.

redwood
    Pro

. I didn’t see too many electrical outlets on the wall, was it doe later or the HO didn’t bother?

The customers neighbor is a union electician and he wired it up after we were finished.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Very nice!!!! Wish I had the room to build a nice shop out back. Been trying to buy the peice of land next to us but the guy thinks its worth a fortune.

Well it is, as long as YOU want it! (Laughing)

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Love that shop

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow I don’t know how I missed this thread, Very cool. I like the doors for the look but personally I would insist on a very positive seal. Just to keep the weather and critters out. Great job

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

When I grow up I’m gonna have me a shop like that! I’ll probably be saying that when I’m an old man…great looking shop, Mark!

redwood
    Pro

I’m sure that some of you guys feel this way, but I’m sure that most everyone on this site could probably build a nice shell like this, but either lack the space or the funds to do it. I would love to have something like that. Heck, I use my driveway.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I use my driveway and garage too. Been seriously thinking about a shop though after seeing this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t have the space or I would have had one years ago, Right after we moved into this place 20 years ago the adjoining lot behind us with a repair shop came up for sale for $25,000. The building was really in bad shape though and at the time I just couldn’t afford it, A group bought it and converted it into a Mexican Jehovah Witness Church LOL. Yeah, I made a big mistake on passing that one up.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I would like a bigger shop at the house but I don’t have enough room to build what I want. So I will stick with the shop I have now – I also spill out onto the driveway at times. Sometimes I also spread into the back yard and I have blocked off the alley once or twice to set up.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I use my driveway and garage too. Been seriously thinking about a shop though after seeing this.

My 2 car garage and shed IS my shop. You mean they’re used for other purposes?!?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.676 seconds