dcsimg

Work shop

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

Here is the shell for a workshop we built a few years ago. This was for my sugar daddy, at his previous house. It was supposed to be for his retirement, but then he bought a better house. I’m going to need to ask him whether he wants one for his new house.

The shop area is 14’x30′, plus an additional 10’x16′ of overhang.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Wow — that would be super nice!! I wish I had that kind of space. Awesome.

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Mark that looks incredible. Did you build yourself one while you were at it?

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Mark, did you do the doors? I absolutely love those doors. I would kill for a space like that.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

The doors are amazing. Really adds character to the space and some sophistication.

Orange County, CA

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Wow those doors caught my eye too. That would be a great shop space.

redwood
    Pro

I wish I could build one for myself, maybe someday.

I did do the doors, though I tried to talk him out of it. They are not exactly weather proof. I wish that I had the Domino then.

You can’t see from the pics, but I beleive that we put in 6 skylights.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

The Domino XL would have been good for that project. What kind of joinery did you use? I forgot — did you get the big Domino or the smaller one, Mark?

Orange County, CA

redwood
    Pro

I actually just used glue and timber locks, that I plugged.

I got the small domino, but I see the XL in my future.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Always build more shop than you need, you will grow into it and what was once big is now too small. I followed my advice 4 times and still outgrew it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Very nice work Mark ! I really like the design of the doors , it really sets it off nicely .

Nice job Mark. I wonder what your new workshop is going to look like… Someday will be here soon.

That is definitely a beautiful shop Mark – and as others have said, those doors look amazing! Is it hard for the owner to get supplies into the shop since it seems like it is sorta up on a hill?

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro

That is definitely a beautiful shop Mark – and as others have said, those doors look amazing! Is it hard for the owner to get supplies into the shop since it seems like it is sorta up on a hill?

That was my first thought too seeing the hill .

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Nice size shop for sure ! and I agree, those doors look great !!

redwood
    Pro

You guys are very observant. Unless he builds a road up there, he will have to carry everything just as we had to carry all that material.

Such is life in the mountains. Sometimes you just pick a spot and worry about the details later. The slab was already poured before we got involved.

Maybe that’s why he bought the newer house.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

You guys are very observant. Unless he builds a road up there, he will have to carry everything just as we had to carry all that material.

Such is life in the mountains. Sometimes you just pick a spot and worry about the details later. The slab was already poured before we got involved.

To me that would just be a great excuse to buy a Polaris with a wagon out back to haul with. That’s a selling feature.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

To me that would just be a great excuse to buy a Polaris with a wagon out back to haul with. That’s a selling feature.

Exactly what I was thinking…just a reason to get another toy. I mean tool.

Nice work, Mark!

Resident Sign Guy

cranbrook2
    Pro

<P>That is definitely a beautiful shop Mark – and as others have said, those doors look amazing! Is it hard for the owner to get supplies into the shop since it seems like it is sorta up on a hill?</P>

<P>You guys are very observant. Unless he builds a road up there, he will have to carry everything just as we had to carry all that material.</P>
    <P>Such is life in the mountains. Sometimes you just pick a spot and worry about the details later. The slab was already poured before we got involved.</P>
    <P>Maybe that’s why he bought the newer house.</P>

At least they don,t need to worry about flooding 🙂

redwood
    Pro

At least they don,t need to worry about flooding

Not to much flooding, but there are mudslides.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.480 seconds