dcsimg

work shirts

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

I like wearing aloha shirts I get from the 2nd hand store.

I know I am resurrecting this thread, but this is what I do.

I got 5 supply company or tool company shirts that look brand new today at the 2nd hand store for 10$

Also got a pair of work jeans. They look pretty good and barely worn. 10$ for those.

Carpenter-Hockey Fan-Cheap Beer Connoisseur

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I got 5 supply company or tool company shirts that look brand new today at the 2nd hand store for 10$

Also got a pair of work jeans. They look pretty good and barely worn. 10$ for those.

I’ve tried to find any good trades clothing at second hand stores and never come out with anything. Seems like it’s the first thing to go.

A Working Pro since 2004

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

I’ve tried to find any good trades clothing at second hand stores and never come out with anything. Seems like it’s the first thing to go.

Come Autumn, every Nova Scotia 2nd hand store is flooded with shirts and hoodies that say Ft. Mac on them haha

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

what store are u shopping at @brutus i usually goto value village i can find various suppliers tshirts there

lately though ive been getting free shirts from a family friend who is a clothing supplier to embroidery companies.. i.e he deals shirts, jackets, hats, office supplies to the companies that put logos on them for the final user.. recently he moved his offices and needed me to reinstall quite a few display standards.. he gave me quite a few items that he is no longer stocking and needed cleared out.. everything from fleece pullovers, nike dri-fit golf shirts. hundreds of pens, lanyards along with a saftey 3 in 1 jacket

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Value village in Dartmouth.

Got a few Rona,and Hazmasters shirts

I wear under armor shirts or EMS sports type that are similar to under armor. Free movement!

To desert deuces, I’d check out nylon with a small spandex blend if you can wear those. I have never heard of what you describe, but it sounds like it sucks alot. Cotton is just bad when you’re sweating. The shirt just soaks it in.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

oh yah.. the rona tshirts.. best to get quite a few at the pro show.. they dont last very long lol

Thatkid
    Pro

I just hit up the good will and buy a bunch of the 2$ shirts. Who cares if it gets trashed with roofing tar when it was only 2$.

Well, yeah…I wouldn’t be wearing $40 Under Armor shirts hot mopping a roof. It would be a ratty T shirt

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

thats exactly it, the majority of my work shirts are either $2 t`s from value village or good shirts that are no longer presentable in public via light color shirts that are now severely discolored, stained or torn

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

In the summer I like a breathable polyester sports shirt. I have to wear a reflective safety vest over that . If the air isn’t moving ,100 plus , high humidity I just throw on the vented sleeveless vest and take my chances with the company officials that have a rule about that .
    those that enforce the safety rules are seldom OUT OF THE A/C

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . .

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I always wear company t shirts. Most are just plain cotton t shirts, I had some logos put on some UA shirts but those don’t get wore to work often – I would rather rip my cheap cotton shirts. On hot days I will wear an UA undershirt beneath my t shirt – they make a huge difference in how cool you stay – not having a soaked T-shirt makes a big difference.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

In the summer I like a breathable polyester sports shirt. I have to wear a reflective safety vest over that . If the air isn’t moving ,100 plus , high humidity I just throw on the vented sleeveless vest and take my chances with the company officials that have a rule about that .
    those that enforce the safety rules are seldom OUT OF THE A/C

thats just it.. in the past ive gotten flack for not wearing a company shirt in the summer.. i simply responded with that if i pass out do to heat exaustion ill sue the company for being forced to wear a black button up shirt outdoors in the heat.. that was in 2006.. when it took place a nfl player died from heat exaustion during training camp.. i told them to look it up.. that was the last i heard about wearing a shirt

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I wear Hanes logo’ed t-shirts

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Saw some shirts at Northern Tool that were a Teflon Blend… they looked well made, but were kinda pricey, and I was in a hurry.

--Steve

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

you guys in the heat need to try cool-max I’m a sweater. I sweat when it’s cold outside. These shirts keep me cool and dry.

I do the cotton t-shirts in the winter, but once summer hits it’s cool-max shirts only.

i will look into cool max . I’ve mentioned last yr about overheating . Im all about altertrnatives .

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . .

I like anything synthetic. Cotton just gets soaked with sweat and becomes uncomfortable to me. I burn through shirts in a day — 3-4 would be easy to go through.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I now buy my pants new because I like the carpentry type work pants. Also I know nobody has made a mess of them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Value village in Dartmouth.

Got a few Rona,and Hazmasters shirts

I’d think a good co. like the one you work for would give you co. shirts.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I just hit up the good will and buy a bunch of the 2$ shirts. Who cares if it gets trashed with roofing tar when it was only 2$.

$2 seems like a good deal.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.451 seconds