dcsimg

work shirts

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY

with summer on its way dose any one have any brands of shirts that are cooler on reply hot days? Also what do you where for a work shirt? butting up, polo, tshirt?

SamM
    Pro

I usually just wear a t shirt. I’ve been looking for a place to get some decent prices polos or lightweight button ups to put my company logo on.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

T-shirt. I try to stick with lighter colors so I am not burning up…..I mean more than usual

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I always wear t shirts. I sweat a lot so in the summer I carry a couple t shirts so I can change into a dry one once I soak the one I have on.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i just go to value village for light color tshirts, they cost like $3-4 and they just get filthy so i tosse em after a couple months

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I always wear tank tops made of cotton. Any other material gets way too hot for the desert. Only cotton seems to dissipate the heat.

Pat

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Company t-shirts all the time. Even right now.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Same here, pretty much all of my t shirts are company shirts.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Same here, pretty much all of my t shirts are company shirts.

Yea. It’s almost annoying lol.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

you guys in the heat need to try cool-max I’m a sweater. I sweat when it’s cold outside. These shirts keep me cool and dry.

I do the cotton t-shirts in the winter, but once summer hits it’s cool-max shirts only.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Some of everything for me.. mostly T-shirts, some Polo type and some button up.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Mostly t shirts for me also with the company logo. I have a couple of short sleeve collared shirts if I need something nice on a given day but mostly t shirts in the summer. Sweatshirts with the logo in winter and I have a nice carhart jacket with the company logo also for winter.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

kzcarp
    Pro

you guys in the heat need to try cool-max I’m a sweater. I sweat when it’s cold outside. These shirts keep me cool and dry.

Me too, I sweat when it’s 35*(F.) out. Multiple shirts on a hot day.

kevin

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

SS T-shirts in the summer for work. Polo shirts for estimates.

SS T-shirts in the winter with a pull over hoodie. I add my heated Milwaukee jacket if it’s really cold. I like to layer.

I used to get my shirts and jackets logo’d. Just haven’t done it the last few years.
    I buy the nice cotton T’s from Sam’s Club and Columbia hoodies from Dick’s. They all seem to hold up pretty well.

NEVER tank tops. (No, No, No! Laughing) I wish I had the body for it!

I like wearing quick-dry materials…I also sweat a lot and cotton is uncomfortable when wet.

Orange County, CA

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I like the dry fit shirts, have some nike and adidas and they’re great. Nothing worse then a cotton shirt full of sweat while you’re working.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I can’t wear polyester of any kind. My body burns like crazy when I wear them. Reason is I have nerve damage in my neck which causes the rest of my body to react funny to heat and cold.

Glad you guys found that cool max line of shirts. Sounds great! Wish I could wear them 🙁

Pat

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I like the dry fit shirts, have some nike and adidas and they’re great. Nothing worse then a cotton shirt full of sweat while you’re working.

I’ve tried some of the shirts that are supposed to wick the moisture away from skin. I didn’t find they worked that well, and within a few wash/wear cycles, I found they started to smell like sweat all the time. I can’t stand that!

Now, I suppose it could just be a cheap brand. I bought them at Walmart soon sure the quality left a lot to be desired. Perhaps a more expensive brand would have yielded different results. Maybe it’s like Bosch vs. Ryobi!

I’ve tried some of the shirts that are supposed to wick the moisture away from skin. I didn’t find they worked that well, and within a few wash/wear cycles, I found they started to smell like sweat all the time. I can’t stand that!

Now, I suppose it could just be a cheap brand. I bought them at Walmart soon sure the quality left a lot to be desired. Perhaps a more expensive brand would have yielded different results. Maybe it’s like Bosch vs. Ryobi!

I love my Nike dry fit stuff – t shirts and polos! I had workout clothes for my football team in college that were Nike dry fit and despite the ridiculous amount of hours I spent working out, running and practicing in it – they number stunk. Or, maybe it did and I just got used to all of us stinking 🙂 But I think they might also power wash that stuff with all sorts of chemicals.

Regardless, the polos were not as abused but are great shirts. Though it is definitely way more expensive than other options. I also really like Kohl’s polos, but they do not look quite as sharp – and I am not sure how well they would hold up to work – I am guessing they might snag a lot on wood…

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like wearing aloha shirts I get from the 2nd hand store.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.490 seconds