dcsimg

Work Pants

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Jeff, do you know roughly what the Blaklader’s sell for at Murphy’s? I’ve been there before but it’s been a few years.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i was in there the other day they still sell them. i believe they run about $90.. if im buying anything from them i do it the week of the ideal home show as everything goes on sale with no tax. ive sorta been eying the tool kilt though

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

What’s the tool kilt?

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

lol, its a kilt thats a toolbelt. blalader makes it.

woodman_412

lol sounds interesting, I’ll have to check it out. That was the thing I thought was interesting about the x1600 pants is the built in tool pouches.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

they have it listed on their website. might even have a add on youtube
    a buddy tried one on a few years back he was gonna get it but realized it total defeats the purpose of trying to stay cool because its black and made from heavy 12 oz duck and cordura

woodman_412

You said Blaklader makes it? I looked on their website but couldn’t find anything.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Found them
    They look heavy

woodman_412

Thanks for the link Jeff. I’ve certainly never seen anything like that before. You’re right, it doesn’t look like it would keep you very cool, it looks pretty heavy. If you didn’t wear anything underneath like a traditional kilt you’d give quite a show if you were working up on scaffolding lol

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

lol no kiding dan.. theres a construction company in boston that requires their guys to wear traditional kilts beleive it or not.. i just wouldnt want to be the ground man when their up sheathing a roof or up on staging

woodman_412

lol yeah the new guys are probably the guys that get stuck on the ground. My grandmother was a kilt maker when she still lived in Scotland so I’m sure she could make me a nice one but I don’t think it’s something I would want to wear on the jobsite lol

Dan

danpattison.com

joesainz
    Keymaster
    Chicago, IL

I’m definitely a big Blaklader fan – try them and you won’t be disappointed.

woodman_412

Joe, have you tried the Blaklader X1600 pants? I think they are the coolest looking work pants I’ve seen.

Dan

danpattison.com

those blaklader pants look sweet – i wonder how hot they get in the heat though :\

John S

woodman_412

I was wondering that too, they don’t look like they would be great to wear in warm weather.

If any of you have watched Flash Point, I’m sure you’ve heard them refer to wearing “the cool pants”. I think the Blaklader pants are probably the builders equivalent to the pants that tactical police wear.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

are those the ones that have a cooling unit built in?

woodman_412

lol no just the ones that look cool. Sorry, it’s confusing talking about temperature first and then referring to “cool”. The pants that they wear on Flash Point are cooler looking than what the regular police wear so they call them the “cool pants”. I guess we’re talking about both temperature and fashion here…although in the middle of summer I’ll take the cooler temperature over the cooler fashion any day.

Dan

danpattison.com

Thesportsmansguide.com has these Carhatt jeans on sale.
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=1147213
    They were 19.99. I bought a pair. $40.00 from the Carhartt web site. They are irregulars but i couldn’t find anything wrong with them. Going to get a second pair.

Carhartt stock # for previous post—B460

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.371 seconds