dcsimg

Work Pants

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    parenos
    Honesdale, PA

What does everyone wear for workpants? I was just up in my closet and counted 9 pairs of jeans all with large holes in, 4 pairs of dickies with holes in the knees. I am down to 1 intact pair of jeans and three pairs of wrangler carpenter pants that are still in tact. I will wear my jeans with holes if I know I will be on the jobsite by myself for the day, or fabricating stuff in the workshop. Does anyone have luck with one brand over another. I have tried all kinds and end up going back to wrangler because they are affordable and seem to last just as long.

woodman_412

I usually go with Carhartt pants. The duck dungarees being my favorite. I’ve found them to far outlast my Levi’s jeans. I have lots of pairs of Levi’s with big holes in them mostly from working in the summer. I find when it’s hot out and you’re sweaty the jeans will stick to you more and when you bend over or squat down rips will happen over time. The only thing I don’t like the duck dungarees for is work on my knees. I find the fabric to be coarse which is hard on the skin after being on your knees all day. I usually wear my cotton canvas Carhartt pants on those days.

Dan

danpattison.com

I wear Red Kap mostly and their predecessor, whose name I’ve forgotten. Get them at an outlet store or via http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/

i havent worn them but i know that i have buddies who love the blaklader stuff

John S

Dfdc
    Pro

I wear Carhartt Double knee Dungarees because i put holes in the knees fast and if I’m going to be on my knees all day i can slip in knee pads, They have a small hole to roll up knee pads and stick them in but its real tiny and i needed to open it, eventually i opened the bottom completely and sewed on velcro for easy access. The pants material is rough and irritates my skin until i wash them a few times.

I wear Arborwear and Carhartt pants. My brother is a plumber and buys pants with pockets in the knees for neoprene knee pads – ingenious!

~ Rob at http://www.ConcordCarpenter.com

I wear Arborwear and Carhartt pants. My brother is a plumber and buys pants with pockets in the knees for neoprene knee pads – ingenious!

~ Rob at http://www.ConcordCarpenter.com

I wear carhartt or dickies duck jeans. They are a little stiffer than regular blue jeans but they hold up a lot longer. I also like them because in cold weather the duck material blocks the cold and wind.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i wear carhartt overalls and the casual pants or jeans. i find the 12 oz duck pants are far too stiff and i hate what i call “belt on belt action” when your tool belts buckle causing extra pressure on your pants belt buckle so you have a huge indent in your pelvic bone at the end of the day… the other thing is.. after working outside all winter its almost a straight conversion from overalls to shorts for me.. the temp changes that quickly. ive tried other brands but find they dont last nearly as long.. what i pay for in one pair of carhartts ill get 2 years out of where as cheap pants last only 3 or 4 months

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Has anyone ever bought anything from duluth Trader?

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Just broke in a pair of pants from LL Bean my wife bought me. So far so good, I think they may hold up for a while.

i tend to agree with jeff – paying a little more for quality (whatever brand it is you prefer) will usually be more cost effective than going with something cheaper…

John S

woodman_412

I’ve found that paying more for better quality clothes is more cost effective too. They last longer and are usually more comfortable so it’s worth it in the long run. As we’ve discussed on other threads the same goes for tools so it pretty much goes for everything…you get what you pay for.

Dan

danpattison.com

Carhartt, dickies, and wrangler, in that order. It’s amazing how thin and shabby most jeans are nowadays. Started out with mainly Levi’s, but they cost too much now…

woodman_412

Levi’s sure are expensive now. If they aren’t on sale you’re looking at $75+ for a pair. I used to wear Levi’s a lot but haven’t bought any in awhile. I pretty much wear Carhartt now which aren’t cheap either but they last a lot longer.

Dan

danpattison.com

I use Walmart pants
    And craftsman pants s well as dickies

kzcarp
    Pro

I have a few pair of everything, Blaaklader, Bjornklader, Riggs,Dickies, Carhartts and Lee dungarees.
    As far sa durability goes I would rate them in this order from best to worst:

Bjornklader
    Riggs
    Dickies
    Blaaklader
    Carhartt
    Lees

I’d like to try the Bjornklader 3/4 pants for the summer, they’re long enough to slip in the knee pads

woodman_412

Has anyone tried the Blaklader X1600 pants that you see in the ad on the right hand side of the forum? They look like quite the pants.

Dan

danpattison.com

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I have heard good things about the Blaklader but have not tried them.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive seen the blaklader’s, murphy gear workwear sells them here in town.. their a really good design with tons of pockets.. however i definitley wouldnt wear them once the temp goes above 15 celcius as their made of heavy weight material.. theyd be too warm

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.462 seconds