dcsimg

Work lights

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I need to get some more work lights. I’ve heard great things about the wobble light by ProBuilt and the Milwaukee Trueview LED stand light. It’s hard to beat the telescoping feature of the Milwaukee light.

Would you mind a link for that?

I just bought an LED light tripod work light on an impulse buy, but would like to see what else is there.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2130-20

http://probuiltlighting.com/wobblelight/

The Milwaukee is only 2K lumens, which is OK in a small room but is nothing to illuminate a large room, and the ProBuilt, whithout trying again to go find an absurd price again, is a bit nuts for my needs insofar as price.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yes @Clev08, how much was it, and is 1500 lumens bright enough?

isn’t it 50 dollars canadian? I think @clev08 is in the states so the price might be different.

@wbembrid @r-ice sorry for the delayed response I didn’t see the emails that I was tagged.
    I am in the States, I got it on sale for $40. The light and small base detaches from the stand really easily and seems to be well built so far. As for brightness, it will blind you with light in a closet and light up a room sufficiently in the direction it’s pointed. I don’t think it is quite as bright as the duel head fluorescent stand lights but it works well enough for me.

@skillman I would suggest waiting for Milwaukee’s next stand light to come out. It will run off the M18 batteries and while plugged in it will charge them.

yah it is quite weird, i get some notifications but not others.
    That is a good price for the snap on. do you have the fl12? if so can we get a comparison photo of the beam?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That Milwaukee light on the tripod is nice. Wow are they out yet?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes there being sold now . There was sale not long ago . You got a free battery with the stand . It’s like $ 250 bucks .

Always willing to learn .

Gotta try some of this stuff. Im still using those buggers that break if you sneeze nearby and put out the heat of the sun.

Or I get an army of FL12s….

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Gotta try some of this stuff. Im still using those buggers that break if you sneeze nearby and put out the heat of the sun.

I only use those in the winter for heat or to dry paint. The halogens work good for that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I only use those in the winter for heat or to dry paint. The halogens work good for that.

Yes Bill , thats the only one i have as well the two halogens on the yellow stand ,, aside from the little FL12 ,its good to give some extra heat 🙂

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I wonder if that will help me dry the wet logs i have somewhat, or will it dry it too fast. talk about different uses of the work lights. I do have a few of those halogen ones that i stop using once i got the bosch fl12. I can’t wait to see how the 18v one stacks up.

i stop using once i got the bosch fl12. I can’t wait to see how the 18v one stacks up.

Thanks guys, by the way I too only received some of the email alerts on this topic. I don’t require lights a lot of the time do I am trying to wait until the price of new is cheap enough for me to get rid of the too hot halogens.

Will

Yes there being sold now . There was sale not long ago . You got a free battery with the stand . It’s like $ 250 bucks .

I was too late for that sweet deal. I hope they have that offer again soon.

Clev08
    Pro

isn’t it 50 dollars canadian? I think @clev08 is in the states so the price might be different.

@wbembrid @r-ice sorry for the delayed response I didn’t see the emails that I was tagged.
    I am in the States, I got it on sale for $40. The light and small base detaches from the stand really easily and seems to be well built so far. As for brightness, it will blind you with light in a closet and light up a room sufficiently in the direction it’s pointed. I don’t think it is quite as bright as the duel head fluorescent stand lights but it works well enough for me.

@skillman I would suggest waiting for Milwaukee’s next stand light to come out. It will run off the M18 batteries and while plugged in it will charge them.

That is a good price for the snap on. do you have the fl12? if so can we get a comparison photo of the beam?

I do. It have an fl12 but I can set it up tonight once it gets dark and set it next to an old halogen to compare it too

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Great I’ll keep my eye for them and the next sale.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

i stop using once i got the bosch fl12. I can’t wait to see how the 18v one stacks up.

Thanks guys, by the way I too only received some of the email alerts on this topic. I don’t require lights a lot of the time do I am trying to wait until the price of new is cheap enough for me to get rid of the too hot halogens.

They’re there now if you ask me. I just bought an LED with nice features on a tripod fot $100. It ain’t gonna get much cheaper imo.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Great I’ll keep my eye for them and the next sale.

If i see that deal I will get it, stuff like lights will be nice to have a separate battery system.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mialwaukee has it going on in lighting. I have both the tripod light and the 18v spotlight in my cart at HD.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Mialwaukee has it going on in lighting. I have both the tripod light and the 18v spotlight in my cart at HD.

Yes they do, don’t they have like 5 different lights for the 18v

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I do. It have an fl12 but I can set it up tonight once it gets dark and set it next to an old halogen to compare it too

yah it would be interesting to see the difference in power and ability. The fl12 definitely doesn’t heat up like the halogen ones dl.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes they do, don’t they have like 5 different lights for the 18v

Something like that, flashlights, 2 different spotlights and now the tripod light.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.519 seconds