dcsimg

Work lights

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That’s a nice light. The only thing I could see making it better is if it had a built in charger for the battery – like most job site radios.

That would be a good idea, considering that this light will power through a 5.0 battery within 2 hours.

Yeah I noticed that. Good battery life on the low setting though.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I bought this recently. Looking at getting a second one, but a different style/type maybe.

Do all three lights come on at once or there is three modes .

They only all come on at once.

Too bad that it doesn’t have multi settings on it Kevin. That would be a nice option in stead of all on all the time.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just missed snagging one of those 3000-lumen M18 lights to review last month. May just break down and buy one, though I already have plenty of LED work lighting.

Doobie

I bought this recently. Looking at getting a second one, but a different style/type maybe.

Too bad that it doesn’t have multi settings on it Kevin. That would be a nice option in stead of all on all the time.

The wattage compared to myold ones is so little, it really doesn’t bother me. They don’t cook either, which is very nice in tight quarters using it instead.

With leds you can’t replace the bulbs you have to replace the whole light right our I’m wrong .

well you can desolder individual leds, and solder new ones back on.

I just saw this one mentioned on a different forum but it seems like a decent deal
    https://www.fastenal.com//products/details/0769809

So there really not meant to be replaced . That’s what i was thinking most guys wont take the time to do that .

Always willing to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

With leds you can’t replace the bulbs you have to replace the whole light right our I’m wrong .

well you can desolder individual leds, and solder new ones back on.

I just saw this one mentioned on a different forum but it seems like a decent deal
    https://www.fastenal.com//products/details/0769809

So there really not meant to be replaced . That’s what i was thinking most guys wont take the time to do that .

no they are definitely not meant for your regular guy to do that, leds are made to be disposable these days. You use them for the rated amount of hours, which is significant and when it dies you move on to a newer product.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The LED’s in a quality work light are going to outlast the user.

So your saying it will last 50 years plus .

In my case that 50 yreas more for a life time would be great,lol

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

a regular light bulb can last forever if you leave it on without interruption. It’s the on and off that causes the filament to break. There is a case of a lightbulb being left on for many years and still currently running with out interruptions.

Did anyone purchase the Snap-on LED work light available here in Canada yet?

Will

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So there really not meant to be replaced .

The cheapest way to make an LED light appears to be with strip lights that are not replaceable. Just the way it is.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

Did anyone purchase the Snap-on LED work light available here in Canada yet?

@wbembrid
    this one?

Attachments:

Yes @Clev08, how much was it, and is 1500 lumens bright enough?

Will

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

isn’t it 50 dollars canadian? I think @clev08 is in the states so the price might be different.

I need to get some more work lights. I’ve heard great things about the wobble light by ProBuilt and the Milwaukee Trueview LED stand light. It’s hard to beat the telescoping feature of the Milwaukee light.

I need to get some more work lights. I’ve heard great things about the wobble light by ProBuilt and the Milwaukee Trueview LED stand light. It’s hard to beat the telescoping feature of the Milwaukee light.

The guys on Instagram love all the Milwaukee m18 m12 led lights . A taper use that telescoping light ever day . Next time i see it on sale with a free battery i want pick one up .

Clev08
    Pro

isn’t it 50 dollars canadian? I think @clev08 is in the states so the price might be different.

@wbembrid
    @r-ice sorry for the delayed response I didn’t see the emails that I was tagged.
    I am in the States, I got it on sale for $40. The light and small base detaches from the stand really easily and seems to be well built so far. As for brightness, it will blind you with light in a closet and light up a room sufficiently in the direction it’s pointed. I don’t think it is quite as bright as the duel head fluorescent stand lights but it works well enough for me.

@skillman
    I would suggest waiting for Milwaukee’s next stand light to come out. It will run off the M18 batteries and while plugged in it will charge them.

Doobie

Would you mind a link for that?

I just bought an LED light tripod work light on an impulse buy, but would like to see what else is there.

Clev08
    Pro

Would you mind a link for that?

I just bought an LED light tripod work light on an impulse buy, but would like to see what else is there.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2130-20

http://probuiltlighting.com/wobblelight/

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.674 seconds