dcsimg

Work lights

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Yeah at Costco about 5 years ago. That’s it. I use to heat and light my 8 x 12 shed I built with that thing.

Cheers,
    Mark

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

he large and small LED’s on each head are switched separately, so there’s a bunch of combinations of different lumen outputs available. The heads are also sealed, and it’s the only work light of this sort that I’ve ever seen that’s UL-listed for use in wet locations.

That light keeps sounding better.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

How about one of the Wobble lights they have It’s 36″ tail . If it’s a remodel I sometimes use the rope lights .

I really like the wobble lights, nice and bright with 360° spread.

How about one of the Wobble lights they have It’s 36″ tail . If it’s a remodel I sometimes use the rope lights .

What’s the power cord length on the wobble lights @kswiss .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

0 there is no power cord, just a hole with a spot to plug in an extention cord. Wich at least with the one we have I am not a big fan of because it gets hot and then when it gets unplugged it takes like 15 min to come back on.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I ended up making due with my halogen and my Electrician came ahead of schedule to get me temp lights

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

at work we have slowly been switching to led lights, brand wise their mostly the generic store brand. they do give off a fair amount of light but their still too pricey for my liking. i still prefer the halogens, more so for the winter. reason being that they give off the heat, you need it to keep caulking warm and so that batteries will charge

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

0 there is no power cord, just a hole with a spot to plug in an extention cord. Wich at least with the one we have I am not a big fan of because it gets hot and then when it gets unplugged it takes like 15 min to come back on.

Safety feature i wouldn’t of thought of .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Safety feature yes but it makes it super annoying because people are constantly kicking the cord out of it.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Those wobble lights can take some abuse also. I also didn’t like the warm up time on them when I tried them on sites.

A Working Pro since 2004

Clev08
    Pro

I picked up a snap-on LED stand light for $40 recently, it is 1,500 lumens and detaches very quickly.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I picked up a snap-on LED stand light for $40 recently, it is 1,500 lumens and detaches very quickly.

grats not bad for that price. how tall is the stand?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a nice light. Nice to see Snap-on making a light.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

is this the one they are selling at costco, i was picking up something else when i saw that. it looked interesting but no floor model to check it out.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Safety feature yes but it makes it super annoying because people are constantly kicking the cord out of it.

I usually just tie the cord around the light to avoid this. I’ve also seen LED lights for the wobble lights so you don’t have that cooling/heating delay.

Those wobble lights can take some abuse also. I also didn’t like the warm up time on them when I tried them on sites.

Do you use the lights on the scaffolding .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Chris what kind of lights do you use on the stage?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

@Doobie I think I have the same light you are talking about. A light on each side and a heater in the middle. Hangs off a set of chains. My heater element burnt out. I haven’t replaced it yet. But it works great.

Did you buy it at the Costco in Ajax about 5 years ago or so?

EDIT: I say 5 years. I can’t recall how long it has been sitting boxed in my basement waiting for its moment of glory. Could have been more years than that.

I have pics of the box from when I did this recently. Can’t believe what I take pics of sometimes. Frankly it seems twisted/deranged sometimes.

I need to find one of those, I was trying to figure out how I would heat (a little) the trailer I’m looking at, and that would kill two birds with one stone.

I’m still trying to justify switching to LED from halogen, but in the winter time the halogen is where its at.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was trying to figure out how I would heat (a little) the trailer I’m looking at, and that would kill two birds with one stone.

A halogen light will definitely throw out some heat and keep a little trailer from from freezing.

Has anybody gotten one of the new Milwaukee 18V spotlights?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m still trying to justify switching to LED from halogen, but in the winter time the halogen is where its at.

The same can be said for LED in the hot days of summer.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.565 seconds