dcsimg

Work lights

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Im sure the topic had come up and I have missed it but I need a new light for a dark basement remodel. I have a dual head halogen that gets hot as hell and one of them is temperamental.

Anyone recommendations for a bright LED?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have buying LED lights lately. I could not be more happy with them. I do not remember the brand however, they are carried by a local Farm and home store. I have seen some small ones at Costco that have a Snap-On brand on them that look similar and also look like they would be decent.

Like you, most of the year the halogens Create to much heat to be around, In the winter sometimes the heat is not so bad. I find the halogens extremely finicky also and it seems once a bulb goes they are no good even with replaced bulbs no mater how careful you are replacing the bulb trying not to touch it. The socket ends seem to deteriorate also.

While you cannot get an LED for 6 bucks like you can a halogen, I have gotten a lot better life out of the LED’s

I’m going to buy the Milwaukee Led cordless light when my old style bulb stands go . From the guys on Instagram it’s the bomb .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Alright Kurt, if you remember the name or notice it nearby try to reach back. Im looking for a good stand up that can adjust all the way around.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have buying LED lights lately. I could not be more happy with them.

For overall use I agree LED is the way to go. Lots of options out there now. The Milwaukee 18V light is really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’m going to buy the Milwaukee Led cordless light when my old style bulb stands go . From the guys on Instagram it’s the bomb .

i’ve seen this one in store and it looks robust, however they didn’t have batteries in it to see the flood and throw of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This one I received recently puts out 7000 lumens. I believe it sells for $200 though, so perhaps a bit pricey.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

No battery platforms with these please. I will be on a site with electric when using them.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

i’ve seen this one in store and it looks robust, however they didn’t have batteries in it to see the flood and throw of it.

It does 2,000 1,500 and 1,000 lumens . On 1,000 lumens setting you can get an 8 hour day on one 5.0 battery . Goes to a height of 7′ .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This one I received recently puts out 7000 lumens. I believe it sells for $200 though, so perhaps a bit pricey.

Man that’s a heck of a work light there Sparky.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Man that’s a heck of a work light there Sparky.

The large and small LED’s on each head are switched separately, so there’s a bunch of combinations of different lumen outputs available. The heads are also sealed, and it’s the only work light of this sort that I’ve ever seen that’s UL-listed for use in wet locations.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Alright Kurt, if you remember the name or notice it nearby try to reach back. Im looking for a good stand up that can adjust all the way around.

Here are some photos with the name. I have seen similar with other names. I like the stand because you can manipulate the head to shine one or both directions. They work well.

How about one of the Wobble lights they have It’s 36″ tail . If it’s a remodel I sometimes use the rope lights .

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Here are some photos with the name. I have seen similar with other names. I like the stand because you can manipulate the head to shine one or both directions. They work well.

Thanks that’s along the lines of what I’m looking for. I saw one at Lowe’s today for $80. 3000 lumens and you could remove the lamp from the stand for more portability.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I found that at costco. I’ll grab that next time I’m there.
    I think its a good price. 2000 lumens for $30

photo 1114151546_zpsmizuj6ux.jpg

photo 1114151547_zpshkz4rkvz.jpg

photo 1114151547b_zpsblpggn1q.jpg

photo 1114151547a_zpszqm7euvj.jpg

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

photo 1114151546_zpsmizuj6ux.jpg

Yea I think that’s a good deal on that light.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I do think the 2000 lumens is a fair price at 30 bucks. I got a couple of 1200 lumen for around 19 a while back. I also have a couple of 3000 lumen that were a little more.

Doobie

Hope it shows up here in our Costcos here in Canada. I have a Snap-On overhead light I bought at Costco years ago I just finally installed in my shed. It even has a radiant heater element integrated into it.

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

@Doobie I think I have the same light you are talking about. A light on each side and a heater in the middle. Hangs off a set of chains. My heater element burnt out. I haven’t replaced it yet. But it works great.

Cheers,
    Mark

Doobie

@Doobie I think I have the same light you are talking about. A light on each side and a heater in the middle. Hangs off a set of chains. My heater element burnt out. I haven’t replaced it yet. But it works great.

Did you buy it at the Costco in Ajax about 5 years ago or so?

EDIT: I say 5 years. I can’t recall how long it has been sitting boxed in my basement waiting for its moment of glory. Could have been more years than that.

I have pics of the box from when I did this recently. Can’t believe what I take pics of sometimes. Frankly it seems twisted/deranged sometimes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.615 seconds