dcsimg

Work Boots

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dan. just got the notification that murphy gear just put 3 styles of keen boots on the wall, the oshawa, hamilton and one other.. pricey though. the ones i want are $240 before tax.. im going to try them on to see how they feel. if their good im going to buy them through the rep i know at cost

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

If you end up getting them Jeff let me know what you think. I’ll have to check them out next time I’m back in Halifax.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been sold on Redwings for years, Only bad thing is they suck to break-in, I can always tell when a guy gets a new pair, He walks around like a duck for a while LOL. A local Redwing store we have here will re-oil and re-lace them for free forever. They’ll last a long time if ya maintain em.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

lol. dan, i just bought the keen “hamilton” $275 later but very very comfortable and stable. they have a 90 day comfort guarentee and a one year warrenty.. if i find them uncomfortable after wearing them on the jobsite full refund or exchange.. the one year warrenty is a major plus as marks only has a 100 day warrenty.

i told the girl at the store about this page regarding the blak ladders’. she says she would like a full review of them so ill be posting one about the boots and linking to them since they are the only store in metro that carries the blak ladders

http://www.murphygear.com

Jeff that is a really, really great warranty… Don’t see that much these days… Is that via the store or the keen boots?

John S

woodman_412

Do you have any pics of your new boots Jeff? That does sound like a pretty sweet warranty.

Dan

danpattison.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Have to vote for the Red Wings

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

heres the keen “hamilton” they go by another name in the us

Attachments:
    woodman_412

Those look nice Jeff. They look more like hikers than work boots. Are these going to be your main work boots?

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yes, more and more company`s are making hiker style boots now for better comfort and for being mobile.. full on boots are terrible for working up on roofs i find

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I am begining to like the flexibility, comfort, and lightness of hikers vs typical work boots. I really notice the difference at the end of the day.

How hot do those hikers get Jeff?

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

john, not sure i just bought them yesterday afternoon. i havent worked in them yet, tommorrow im in the shop building shelving for a commercial space so ill probably just be in sneakers since im going to be on the concrete floor

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Those do look comfortable Jeff. I couldn’t wear hiker type boots when I was a Steelworker, had to be heavy leather, steel toe, metatarsal guard, heat resistant soles and on and on. They also had some weight to them, not something that would be comfortable for everyday work in the trades.

woodman_412

Have you guys found any boots that are particularly comfortable for standing on concrete all day?

Dan

danpattison.com

I was reading all the comments to help decide which brand to go with and I would have to say either wolverines or keen. I was leaning toward redwing before I read this

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im two weeks into my keens. no signs of wear on them and still very comfortable ive been standing on concrete for 10 hrs a day the last 2 days too

my recently re-soled red wings. been beaten daily for 3+ years. hopefully go another 3+.

I have had a pair of Wolverines for just over two years now and they are still in awesome shape.

I am however looking to add a lighter boot to my closet. Something for outdoors but not steel toe. The Wolverines do get a little heavy after a long day.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Anyone have keen reviews?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 311 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.707 seconds