dcsimg

Work Boots

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yah. so it looks like im switching those new boots.. wore em aroiund the house last night.. 10 1/2 is too small 11 is too big…

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

Sounds like you have the same size feet as me Jeff, I’m always between 10-1/2 and 11 depending on the manufacturer. I find it always takes a bit of time to get a new pair of boots broken in and comfortable since they are more rigid than sneakers or normal shoes.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

your right dan, the problem with the cofras i bought yesterday was that the toe cap was digging into my feet in the 10 1/2 and with the 11’s their the right lenght but too wide..even with my flipper feet.. i had the laces pulled so tight hte eyelets were practically touching.. give them 2 or 3 months and the leather will stretch leaving no support

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I bought a pair of Keen’s based on advice here, well that and the fact I had some credit card points I could use on them. Wore them about a week so far. No break in period at all. Probably the lightest pair of work boots I have ever owned. I love them. Only time will tell if they hold up for me but so far I am greatly impressed.

Jerry – I love to hear that this forum was helpful in your decision to buy Keen!! …. which particular pair of boots did you get?

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

good to know.. 1 more month or so and they arrive in town for retail..

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

John I got the ones called Alamosa mid hikers. I got them through Cabelas because I had points from them I could use. I picked that particular model mainly because I like high tops because they seem to stay on better. Also I wear a size 7 so that limited my choices as far as model. I never would have checked them out had it not been for this forum.

Those look really nice Jerry! Lots of great reviews – I would be curious to see how they hold up for you!

John S

TNTSERVICES
    Pro
    Naperville, Illinois

I have owned Wolverines, RedWings and Timberland Pros. Wolverines, believe it or not were the best pair. They cost just under $90 and lasted nearly 5 years. When they wore out I thought why not try an upscale brand, so I bought a pair of Redwings. They fell apart and the sole wore down before the one year mark. Redwing said sorry it’ll cost you $$$ to get them resoled. I told them they were under a year old. No dice, pay for them to be resoled even thought the stitching was also coming out.
    Luckily I had won a pair of Timberland Pros from another contractor forum and started to wear them. Not a bad pair of boots. The largeest draw back was the smell. Honestly I don’t have smelly feet, but these suckers started smelling after a few months of use. It smells musty, must be the dye in the leather or the material for the foot pad. Not sure. Also the strap from the laces is starting to break. Another pair of $200 boots that isn’t going to make it to the one year mark. Oh well, back to Wolverines.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Have you guys tried Carolina boots ? That’s all I ever bought when I was a Steelworker. They always held up well for me and they took a beating in some of the most harsh conditions you could imagine!

woodman_412

I’ve never heard of them Charles. Do they have a website?

Dan

danpattison.com

Wolverines and redwings

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
    woodman_412

Thanks for the link Charles. They have some really nice looking boots. How do they usually compare in price with other brands?

Dan

danpattison.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Dan, I don’t know how they compare in price, all I know is they took a beating in some severe conditions. I had no reason to go with another brand.

wolverines, with the moccasin toe for ventilation, the steel toe is like putting your toes in a plastic bag, no vent and a lot of perspiration, which can lead to fungus. not to mention weight. If you feel that you need a steel toe, just remember that they can trap your toes in, if something heavy enough falls on them. I would rather have it not happen at all, so watch your step!

woodman_412

What is the moccasin toe Phillip? I’ve never heard of it.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dan, i was looking at the carolina boots page last night.. several of the boots look an awful lot like dakota boots. its quite possible that they are simply rebranded. i know the carhartt line of work boots are rebranded from red wing i believe

woodman_412

You’re right Jeff, I thought some of them looked familiar. I was looking at the Mark’s Work Warehouse website the other night to see what they have on the go for new boots. Sometimes you can get pretty decent sales or the $10 off cards that they send with the flyers.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

your right dan, ill typically wait til somethings on sale then stack with the $10 off card

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 311 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.790 seconds