dcsimg

Work Boots

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 311 total)
  • Author

New balance are comfortable.

woodman_412

I used to wear all New Balance before I switched to Merrell. I still have a couple old pairs of New Balance sneakers kicking around that I still wear though.

Dan

danpattison.com

What influenced the switch Dan?

John S

woodman_412

I can’t remember exactly John. I think I saw a pair of Merrell’s that I really liked and bought them. They were super comfortable and lasted a long time so I just kept on buying Merrell. I like the style of Merrell’s in general, they tend to have that more “earthy” look and don’t show the dirt as much. I’ve had my Merrell hikers and sneakers for about 8 years and they are still going strong.

Dan

danpattison.com

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I ended up buying a pair of Keen’s. I ordered them tonight and should be here in a couple of days.
    I appreciate everyone’s insight.

8 years is really, really impressive Dan. Do you wear them every day? Are you hard on them?

John S

woodman_412

John, I don’t usually wear them everyday now but at one point I did. The soles have a fair bit of wear on them but they are holding together just fine otherwise. Most days are my work boots now, sneakers are pretty much just for going out somewhere non work related.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

8 years holy moly.. im lucky if i get a year out of a pair.. when their new i get maybe 6 months tops out of a pair for gym use then they get downgraded to work sneakers for going on finished floors. after 2 or 3 trim jobs their toast

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

I guess I must go easy on my footwear. I’ve had my work boots for 6 years but they are starting to show some signs of wear, probably won’t be too much longer before I have to look at new ones.

Dan

danpattison.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am the opposite I am lucky if a pair of boots or shoes last me 3 months . I guess I should stop kicking everything 😉

woodman_412

lol yeah that might help them last longer John 🙂 Do you usually buy cheap shoes or more expensive ones? I’ve found that you really get what you pay for with shoes.

Dan

danpattison.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have always bought cheap shoes but now that my feet get really sore a lot I am considering buying better shoes and boots . I just have to stop being so cheap 🙂

Dan – do you polish and treat your workboots? Do you have any tricks to helping them live that long?

John S

woodman_412

lol, John no I don’t do anything special to my work boots. I don’t wear them everyday either because when I’m working in the shop I wear sneakers so they don’t get a beating on site everyday. I did have to give them a good scrub the other day though, I was wearing them when I scraped all the old undercoating off the underside of my truck and they were full of it.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

speaking of boots.. my 2 1/2 month old dakota mammoth boots blew apart on the back .. just had them replaced with a pair of cofra’s.. hopefully they work out

sad day Jeff… did you contact their customer service or anything? 2.5 months is not long at all….

John S

woodman_412

Did you buy the Dakotas at Mark’s Jeff? You would think they would do something for you if they only lasted that long.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

just went into the store. they have a 100 day warrenty on all their boots.. they simply exchanged them for me. didnt pay a cent.. another work wear shop here in town has a broader selection of brands but charges more. the one good thing about murphy gear is that they have a 1 year warrenty on their boots

That is great service!!

John S

woodman_412

That’s great that you got them switched out Jeff. I bought my boots at Mark’s too and a lot of my clothes. I didn’t know that Murphy Gear had a one year warranty, that’s even better.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 311 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.729 seconds