dcsimg

Work Boots

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 299 total)
  • Author

There’s many out there. I think I tried at least 5
    Different brands
    The above link is great. You should check it
    out.

rznhale
    Pro

Thanks guys, I checked out the link

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

On a side note, I have found that insoles can make just as much difference as good boots.

Redwing or Justin

I use Justin as my going out boots.I be enjoyed
    Justin since I was in 9th grade(1985) my first
    pair ever

rujpn2
    Pro

I have become a huge fan of the KEEN boots. Bought a pair back in 2011 and made it for almost a year. Very comfortable and waterproof too. I do tile and stone and had virtually no wear on the toes from being on the floor. I usually change out my shoes around 9 months. I bought a new pair last October. The new ones were a different style, but just as comfortable. Also, being that I am on my toes setting tile, steel toes usually gives me problems. This second pair is steel toes and are very comfortable. Will be purchasing these again.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

What style/brand/type of work footwear do you prefer and why? I ask because my beloved pair of work boots are fast approaching the happy shoe box in the sky. They are a pair of lace up Justin roper work boots. They have been with me since back in my cow herding days. I decided maybe I should explore all the new and exciting choices of today. Any advice?

I recommend the KEEN Utility Men’s Tacoma 6″ Steel Toe Work Boot… but it is a very different style than your current boots!

John S

woodman_412

I’ve had good success with the Dakota 8″ steel toe work boots with the Duratoe. I may give the KEEN a try though when mine bite the dust based on everyone’s comments about them here.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Dan, just note youll have to wait until june or july to get the keen saftey boots here in canada.. the regular hikers are available though both at MEC and Atmosphere which is formerly coast mountain sports.. i might pick up a pair of the hikers first

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

Thanks for the heads up Jeff. So the Coast Mountain Sports in the hfx shopping centre is now Atmosphere? I used to buy a lot of my shoes at Coast Mountain.

Dan

danpattison.com

I will confess…I wear sneakers. I wore boots for the longest time. Timberlands were my favorite. But it is just taking a toll on my feet. It took me awhile just to find decent comfortable sneakers.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I like keen sneakers, but do not find enough support in their hikers.

woodman_412

I’ve had really good success with Merrell sneakers and that is what I wear in my shop. I have a pair that is only worn in the shop, they don’t leave the shop. I have other Merrell sneakers and hikers too, they all hold up very well.

Dan

danpattison.com

Kent – what sneakers did you decide to go with?

It is not uncommon for me to just keep my regular athletic shoes on, but my wife sometimes gets frustrated once they get really nasty/dirty

John S

I went with New Balance, which is a company still making shoes right here in Maine. Go figure.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

really, they have a plant in maine? i know they have/had one in massachuttes

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Is there any clothing brand left that manufactures in North America?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

hmmm. not many. Lucky 13 does i belive.. their based out of california

Gotta love New Balance – they are hard to beat in terms of being easy on your feet

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 299 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.814 seconds