dcsimg

Work Boots

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 311 total)
  • Author

Anyone tried Wolverine boots?

Actually no , I don’t think I’ve heard of them , unless I just don’t remember. I’ll have to Google it later.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I did a few years ago. I bought a pair of Wolverine work shoes. They cause me to have pain in my one knee. After wearing them for 2 weeks I return them. After having a discussion with the Associate I had the option to get another pair of the same shoes. Or could have got a pair of different shoes or boots of the same value. I made a poor choice and got another pair of Wolverines shoes. I had the same problem as before. I quit wearing these boots at work after a couple of days. Tried wearing them at home to do odd jobs. Still caused me the same knee pain. I ended up giving them away.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I did a few years ago. I bought a pair of Wolverine work shoes. They cause me to have pain in my one knee. After wearing them for 2 weeks I return them. After having a discussion with the Associate I had the option to get another pair of the same shoes. Or could have got a pair of different shoes or boots of the same value. I made a poor choice and got another pair of Wolverines shoes. I had the same problem as before. I quit wearing these boots at work after a couple of days. Tried wearing them at home to do odd jobs. Still caused me the same knee pain. I ended up giving them away.

I’m having a similar concern with a pair of slip on shoes I bought at Costco a few months ago for $50 for just puttering around the house except mine are causing foot cramps on the bottom of my left foot.

Thing is, I have already removed the factory inner sole pad and cut a brand new pair of expensive orthopedic inserts dedicated for them and I’m still reluctant to give up on them just yet hoping this issue just goes away as the shoe breaks in a little better. Still debating whether I should return them though.

I think part of the problem is I have flat and wide feet. These are a tad too narrow basically, although my right foot seems just fine in them. I’d even get get cramps in my left foot after they’ve been off for a while. Never had this particular issue before.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I’m having a similar concern with a pair of slip on shoes I bought at Costco a few months ago for $50 for just puttering around the house except mine are causing foot cramps on the bottom of my left foot.

Thing is, I have already removed the factory inner sole pad and cut a brand new pair of expensive orthopedic inserts dedicated for them and I’m still reluctant to give up on them just yet hoping this issue just goes away as the shoe breaks in a little better. Still debating whether I should return them though.

I think part of the problem is I have flat and wide feet. These are a tad too narrow basically, although my right foot seems just fine in them. I’d even get get cramps in my left foot after they’ve been off for a while. Never had this particular issue before.

That doesn’t sound good! Do feel you have them broke in? My boots I wear at work right now bothered my feet for 3 weeks til I got them broke in. They have been ok since then.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

One of my problems are some of the properties have pea gravel driveways and walkways. Most of my work boots would trap these small pebbles inside the treads. It seems you can either have slip resistance or have pebbles trapping shoes. If you see someone using a flat head screwdriver picking pebbles off the bottom of their shoes that’s me LOL.

Doobie

That doesn’t sound good! Do feel you have them broke in?

Not quite. Not sure I will keep trying to further wear them in. They’re close to being simply returned to Costco as far as I’m feeling about them now.

Doobie

One of my problems are some of the properties have pea gravel driveways and walkways. Most of my work boots would trap these small pebbles inside the treads. It seems you can either have slip resistance or have pebbles trapping shoes. If you see someone using a flat head screwdriver picking pebbles off the bottom of their shoes that’s me LOL.

We don’t see a lot of pea gravel use up here, especially for driveways as you can’t really shovel snow off of it in the winter.

One thing I did learn about a characteristic of pea gravel I never realized until @jimdaddyo mentioned its use around his shed workshop a few years ago, is that it helps mitigate mice from making their burroughs where it is laid in sufficient thickness. Seems little rodents can’t deal with making a hole without the pea gravel tumbling into the holes. This tip Jim mentioned has certainly stuck in my mind for future potential considerations for my purposes possibly.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Do you have a Mister Safety Shoe anywhere near you Greg?

The Mister Safety Shoe boot was at out plant yesterday. I heard from a few people that he only carries a few kinds of boots that have SD.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

We have plenty of pea gravel or crush stone driveways. No snow to shovel here, but it makes it hard to roll out the trash carts and if you have a tower of L-boxxes on wheels or a wheel barrow is hard to balance it. Your new toy Makita wheel barrow may have trouble with it?

Doobie

We have plenty of pea gravel or crush stone driveways. No snow to shovel here, but it makes it hard to roll out the trash carts and if you have a tower of L-boxxes on wheels or a wheel barrow is hard to balance it. Your new toy Makita wheel barrow may have trouble with it?

I don’t think it would be trouble for the big front drive tire to move thru, but the smaller rear ones might have a tendency to sink in it. Hard to say.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

SPAM!

@doobie

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Doobie

SPAM!
    @doobie

Thanks Adam! 👍

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I thought I found a new favorite work boot in Keen. The Pittsburgh with composite toe.

Most comfortable and durable I have owned unfortunately the composite toe gave me a toe fungus from sweating. Im afraid to wear them now.

That is not easy to get rid of and come back super fast.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I thought I found a new favorite work boot in Keen. The Pittsburgh with composite toe.

Most comfortable and durable I have owned unfortunately the composite toe gave me a toe fungus from sweating. Im afraid to wear them now.

Not sure I understand how it’s the composite toes fault? Sounds more like you need a work boot with better ventilation. A non waterproof boot or shoe would be a better choice.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Not sure I understand how it’s the composite toes fault? Sounds more like you need a work boot with better ventilation. A non waterproof boot or shoe would be a better choice.

I had a similar problem with my safety shoes also , since changing the type of docks I’ve been using , much better , those sport socks kinda kept the feet damp , I went back to just plain old cotton type.
    That being said those do look like nice work boots though.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

They are, I bought another pair but they are sitting. Afraid to aggravate the matter.

At 49 I have never had a problem like that before and the sweating was concentrated on the toe under the composite.

I have been meaning to investigate better sick alternatives.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

double post,,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

In the hottest part of the summer this stuff goes on my feet, balls, back well anywhere that gets sweaty.
    Toe fungus is bad,, also the ball fungus is not fun at all. Hate them both! When you use the GoldBond medicated powder it feel like winter hit where ever you put it on at.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

In the hottest part of the summer this stuff goes on my feet, balls, back well anywhere that gets sweaty.
    Toe fungus is bad,, also the ball fungus is not fun at all. Hate them both! When you use the GoldBond medicated powder it feel like winter hit where ever you put it on at.

I do like that stuff in the summer. And use the regular version in the winter when I don’t need the cooling.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Forgot about the gold Bond option.

Been using tea tree oil on my hands and feet for over 5 months to try and restore my nails.

It’s better but….. oral anti fungal was not appealing. Messes up your health.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 311 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.770 seconds