dcsimg

Work Boots

This topic contains 224 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kevin Doobie 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 225 total)
  • Author

Hey Guys,

Which brand work boot do you recommend? What features must your boot have and why?

~ Rob at http://www.ConcordCarpenter.com

I’m sold on Timberland’s PRO boots. I want something super durable and very comfortable. Protection, durability and safety can be accomplished with a comfortable boot.

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the two brands i go to are Cofra and Kodiak. both are really comfortable. durable and flexible plus they have composite toe and shank which reduces weight and they dont conduct heat or cold like steel does.

i tried a pair of timberlands this summber, i found the support and cushioning only lasted about 4 months in them. unfortunately im stuck with them as the store i bought them through only has a 90 day warrenty on work boots

Profile photo of Brian
    parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I Like redwings and wolverines. Also have a pair of Timberland Pro’s which are nice but heavy. Redwing and wolverines have awsome customer service. Both pair developed a hole in them after a year. I called and asked about a patch and was told to send them back. They sent me a brand new pair.

Profile photo of Derek
    Dfdc
    Pro

I have heard good things about red wing boots but havent been willing to shell out the cash for them. The last 2 pairs of boots i have had were Dakota the first pair was 180 and fell apart quickly, the 2nd was 130 and has only been good to me

Profile photo of Charles
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

I like Carolina Boots. A bit stiff ’till ya break them in, but have held up well for me.

The Ranger work boot from Rocky is a strong and durable work boot that protects your toe.

I have Chippewa boots for winter and Timberland PRO in the warmer months. Because I review tools and related items on my website I recently got a pair of KEEN boots to review. I must admit I was impressed.

I always wear steel toe and have become a fan of the rubber overlay at the toe and heel. The toes always wear out first.

I’m also a fan of the shanks for ladder rung comfort.

Work boot technology and aerial advancement has come a long way. I’ve learned long ago to take care of my feet. No cheap boots for me.

Profile photo of Brian
    parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I didnt know that KEEN made a work boot, I have a pair of sneakers from KEEN and they are pretty comfy. Are the KEEN work boots built to last?

Wolverines here. Prefer to have shock resistance and composite toe. I usually look for discontinued models at the boot store to chop a little more off the price. And I usually don’t change out of my boots between the garage and the campground on the weekend. Workshop tested, trail approved.

Brian – the Keen boots are what my lead carpenter call DIESEL!!! They’re extremely well built.

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

good to know rob, im still waiting to get my hands.. ..errrrrr feet on a pair.. one of the guys over on ct says their the best boots hes ever had especially because their actually made for wide feet

i was able to visit red wing, mn – where red wing began / manufactures… and was quite impressed by their history

John S

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i havent tried redwings.. i only know a few guys locally that have had them and all returned them within a few weeks. either really uncomfortable or they were falling apart. mind you the store that has them only carries 2 models..

my right boot split right through the arch today causing it to leak like crazy… im going to call the guy ive done work for in the past whos the keen rep here.. see if he can hook me up as their not in shops yet here

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

I wear a pair of Dakota work boots that I’ve had for 5 years. I’ve had to replace the laces a couple times but the boots have held up well and they’re comfy. The only thing that isn’t great about them is they aren’t waterproof but I have a pair of insulated steel toe rubber boots that I wear when I need them to keep water or snow out. I have a pair of Merrell sneakers that I wear in the shop exclusively.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anyone ever replace the soles of the boots?

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

no.. never really considered it, i find the uppers on boots wear out and loose their shape before the soles wear out

Profile photo of Dan
    woodman_412

The soles on my boots are starting to get a little worn and cracking but I don’t think it would be worth it to replace the soles. The same boots new on sale are about $150 so it wouldn’t really be worth while.

Dan

danpattison.com

Profile photo of Joe Sainz
    joesainz
    Keymaster
    Chicago, IL

After shredding lesser boots – I’m sold on Redwing. They make some tough stuff. I’ve had a pair of 996’s (discontinued for some reason) that are on my feet all the time. I can’t remember the last time I put on some sneakers.

I LOVE REDWINGS THEY LAST A REAL LONG TIME. AND I USE THEM ALLDAY LONG EVERYDAY. IN SUMMER IM OUT WORKING FROM 7AM TO NITE TIME. I USUALLY CARRY EXTRA PAIR(JUST IN CASE)ALSO I CARRY LACEUP TENNIS SHOES. GETS TIRING WEARING YOUR BOOTS CARRY LADDERS AND YOUR TOOLS ALLDAY LONG. WOVERINES ARE GREAT ALSO/

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 225 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.756 seconds