dcsimg

Woodworking Videos Part III

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,140 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/nELBUY9DHN8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

He coulda just bought some T1-11 siding rather routering all the grooves himself.

Your right could have just used T1-11 siding. But he would have made any content for YT.
    I never knew that was called T1-11 siding. I have saw before. Just never knew the name.

T1-11 has a rough sawed finish to it. The grove has a tapered edge to it also.

I actually run my belt sander over each panel before putting them up. Each sheet just takes a couple of minutes. I didn’t want the bury face as I felt it was just gonna attract dust and spider webs.

I would like the rough finish look.

That’s why they use T1-11 for the look of it. I have never heard of sanding the look of it away.

To each their own. For me, especially using it for interior shop walls, I knew also that I wpuld be re-filling in screw and nail holes as my shop evolved and sanding areas that where I’d use wood filler to hide the holes would show more if the fuzzy face would not have been sanded off.

A sanded area all aound an old hole would really show, whereas with having the entire face of the sheets sanded the repaired holes are really hard to notice as the wood filler really blends in nicely. I’ll be doing the same one day when I clad the insides of my shed/shop I built a few years ago.

It works for me and I love the look of it especially not seeing the edges from one panel to the next as it would have been had I used normal ply or OSB. No painting required either, that’s another bonus!

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Overhead Storage Rack

http://www.woodsmithtips.com/2019/03/14/overhead-storage-rack/?utm_source=WoodsmithTips&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15751

That’s pretty cool. I made one a while ago for lumber in my shop that uses locking dovetails. I’ll take a picture and post it in this thread later. I like the look of that one better though.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Overhead Storage Rack

http://www.woodsmithtips.com/2019/03/14/overhead-storage-rack/?utm_source=WoodsmithTips&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15751

That’s pretty cool. I made one a while ago for lumber in my shop that uses locking dovetails. I’ll take a picture and post it in this thread later. I like the look of that one better though.

I agree, great idea for storage in what would be unusable space. I use 3/4″ EMT for wall mounted lumber racks now. Replacing the 1/2″ pipe with 3/4″ EMT would reduce the cost of that overhead rack considerably without sacrificing strength.

@mrfid
    Looking forward to seeing your take on overhead storage, too.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Overhead Storage Rack

Excellent idea!
    I’ll make one for sure.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

To each their own

True!

I knew also that I wpuld be re-filling in screw and nail holes as my shop evolved and sanding areas that where I’d use wood filler to hide the holes would show more if the fuzzy face would not have been sanded off.

This makes sense for sure.

If and when I get a new workshop I would like to put Shiplap on the walls. I would use Ship lap boards.

https://www.chisholmlumber.com/tg-flooring–v-joint.html

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

If and when I get a new workshop I would like to put Shiplap on the walls. I would use Ship lap boards.

T1-11 is around @60 a sheet right now, so that is not far off. But being pine, it’ll ding a lot easier that chalet siding. It will also take longer to install and not have the same hold power of the chalet/T1-11 ply siding.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

T1-11 is around @60 a sheet right now, so that is not far off. But being pine, it’ll ding a lot easier that chalet siding. It will also take longer to install and not have the same hold power of the chalet/T1-11 ply siding.

I didn’t look at the dollar value. It was a thought or maybe a dream I am having. Too be honest I am not worried that pine would ding easier. If I was putting in my house that might be alittle different.

Friends of mine put Pine Shiplap on the walls of there hunting cabin years ago. They left it unfinished. It looks good and has held up well. The only thing is where the knots bled through from the heat from the woodstove

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

T1-11 is around @60 a sheet right now,

I didn’t look at the dollar value.

Drywall is about a 1/3 that price.

Doobie

I actually already had finished drywall on my shop’s inner walls and put the T1-11 over top of it for the aforementioned reasons.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good point!
    I don’t think I would want drywall in my Woodworking shop.

I actually already had finished drywall on my shop’s inner walls and put the T1-11 over top of it for the aforementioned reasons.

Ok I thought you just put the T1-11 on by it’s self.

I plan was to install the Ship lap on the studded wall.
    Like I said this something I am thinking or dreaming about.

Greg

Doobie

That’s even worse. You gotta put in horizontal bracing across each stud so you can fasten the T&G boards.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s even worse. You gotta put in horizontal bracing across each stud so you can fasten the T&G boards.

I would put the ShipLap on horizontal. So gives the log wall look.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Build a Precision Crosscut Sled

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

clamps,,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Really like that $50 clamping system.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

He’s semi stealing the Plano glue press design, but doesn’t achieve what the Plano does as effectively.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

He’s semi stealing the Plano glue press design, but doesn’t achieve what the Plano does as effectively.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/69K6KRd6mbI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I like the ” semi stealing ” thing. He wouldn’t be the first youtuber who ” semi steals ” others people ideas in order to “create” something for their channel. ( jeez, a lot of quotation marks 😀 )

Talking about clamps, mine is cheaper than $50. You still need a welder.
    And some U channel found in a renovation container. I bought the 3/4″ threaded rod and the nuts. Still don’t have to use a hatchet, a wedge and a drill in order to tighten the clamp up.
    In the meantime, I improved my design ( still as an idea in my mind) by buying some 3/4″ lead screw ( which is cheap) and some nuts for that lead screw ( which are very expensive compared to the screw).

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/69K6KRd6mbI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” width=”770″ height=”433″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>

He’s made 6 of them for fiddy bucks and the euro ones are 375$ of 3 of them..

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Really nice table with link to Part 1
    Lisa’s Slab Desk, Part 2

Yoav Liberman and his student Lisa put the finishing touches on a unique, live edge slab desk.

https://www.popularwoodworking.com/projects/furniture-plans/lisas-slab-desk-part-2/?k=FdeVkuJfY%2FhnP92KqcFALjh0fLlpCJ17ZjLEyqyquvU%3D&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=pww-rfa-nl-190324&cid=DM110370&bid=1087736259

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.892 seconds