dcsimg

Woodworking Videos Part III

This topic contains 402 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  smallerstick 5 hours, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 403 total)
  • Author

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I did see 12″combination unit from another brand for around $4000. I can’t remember the name right now.

The 12″ Rikon jointer/planer combo is $3640 CDN with the helical head at Elite tools and $2770 with the straight knives.

That’s the one I had in mind when I commented on the cost of the Dewalt/Shelix combo.

Just for space saving alone, I would be all over a machine like that.

It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all traces of doubt.

That’s the one I had in mind when I commented on the cost of the Dewalt/Shelix combo.

I have more than a passing interest in that machine. It is virtually the same as the one made by Jet. Of course you have seen me drool over it at the wood show. Other priorities right now, like getting the power to the shop so I can plug it in, and trivial things like eating, are preventing me from buying it right now….lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I did see 12″combination unit from another brand for around $4000. I can’t remember the name right now.

The 12″ Rikon jointer/planer combo is $3640 CDN with the helical head at Elite tools and $2770 with the straight knives.

I’d shop it around if I was interested for a better price. I’ve come to discover over time that Elite overprices a lot of what they offer. Dunno for sure about that Rikon, but it wouldn’t surprise me if someone carried it significantly cheaper here in Canada. Even when they have stuff on sale, I can find it cheaper elsewhere typically.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

I’d shop it around if I was interested for a better price. I’ve come to discover over time that Elite overprices a lot of what they offer.

They were the easiest place to find an online price. I would probably look more local like Tegs Tools or Federated in London.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yes that is the name I was thinking of Jim. I did some online searching and I didn’t find any dealers here in Ontario with 12″ Rikon jointer/planer combo on there website. I did find that King sells a King 12″ Industrial Jointer/Planer with Spiral Cutterhead on sale for $3499 Regular price $3749.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Big difference between Rikon and Hammer in terms of money.
    Don’t know if it’s the same difference in terms of quality. Probably the result is the same.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Don’t know if it’s the same difference in terms of quality. Probably the result is the same.

You could be right result could be the same. I would be will try a cheaper one if I the spare money to buy one.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Greg

I have no doubt the Hammer (and Felder a step above that) is a better machine, but when you’re on a beer budget, champagne is not an option…lol.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all traces of doubt.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Liked the jig saw template video looks handy, Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Liked the jig saw template video looks handy, Thank you for posting.

It does look handy. Your welcome!

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dhl1CnWns9s?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=”” width=”770″ height=”433″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>

I really like those handy hack videos. Thanks.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s a nice guitar, Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4LDU6k8i6s0?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I have seen a whole lot of outfeed tables lately; that is for sure one of the better ones.

Timing is good, I have a new outfeed/assembly table on my to-do list right now. I need to source some material first but it’s right near the top of the list.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have seen a whole lot of outfeed tables lately; that is for sure one of the better ones.

It is a nice on for sure. If I build one I am sure I would put a slab top on it like he did. Unless I had one laying around.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Really nice to be able to combine your interests.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 403 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.605 seconds