dcsimg

Woodworking Seminars

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I want to take the make a hand plane course at leevaley.

Which leevalley will you ve teaching at?

Dan’s in the Maritimes. Nova Scotia I think.

Ahh that’s too bad I would’ve shown up to the seminar. I gotta wait till they do one on handplanes. I need a low angle jack plane.

Doobie

Ahh that’s too bad I would’ve shown up to the seminar. I gotta wait till they do one on handplanes. I need a low angle jack plane.

You gotta sign up fast for them. The more interesting ones fill up fast at the Morningside LV.

I’ve got a whole bunch of their hand planes I’ve bought gradually over the years and have never used them. I need some training myself. Some things that don’t plug into the wall befuddle me.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well you are in luck, there is a website with a ton of tutorials for starting to use sketchup. I have watched a couple and they are really useful. The videos are free but they also take donations so it is up to you.

Thank you for the link, I’ll try those.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Yeah it’s the Halifax store that I’ll be teaching at. I’ve taught a hand plane seminar there before about 10 years ago. The hand tool ones are always fun.

Dan

danpattison.com

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

You gotta sign up fast for them. The more interesting ones fill up fast at the Morningside LV.

I’ve got a whole bunch of their hand planes I’ve bought gradually over the years and have never used them. I need some training myself. Some things that don’t plug into the wall befuddle me.

They are definitely a different skill set all together learning to use hand planes. I haven’t taking any course at Lee Valley yet but I have heard mostly positive things from people that have.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yeah it’s the Halifax store that I’ll be teaching at. I’ve taught a hand plane seminar there before about 10 years ago. The hand tool ones are always fun.

lol thats slightly too far to drive. heh we should get leevalley to book you in for one here in toronto.

woodman_412

lol thats slightly too far to drive. heh we should get leevalley to book you in for one here in toronto.

Yeah it would definitely be a bit far to come to Halifax just for a short seminar. I think there are a few people that teach seminars at Lee Valley that travel to all the stores across Canada but I don’t think that will be me. I think I’ll be doing well to get the time to do the two here.

Dan

danpattison.com

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

There are also tons of smaller schools offering classes. The one that I pine for is a North Bennet Street School class, in Boston. Someday when the kids are grown up enough to handle themselves a little better and I have some more free time I’ll get in there.

yellaD
    Pro

I would go to any woodworking seminar, esp if it’s free! 🙂
    I would also do another build a hand plane course, if we could build a different one. That was fun, useful and right skill level for me. Lee Valley also treated us to lunch and coffee, bonus!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I would go to any woodworking seminar, esp if it’s free! :)
    I would also do another build a hand plane course, if we could build a different one. That was fun, useful and right skill level for me. Lee Valley also treated us to lunch and coffee, bonus!

if it was at it’s original price, i’d go again. the one we made is the one i primarily use.

Clev08
    Pro

I would love to go to a woodworking class, seeing that I don’t have my own shop or router yet. Anyone know of some woodworking classes in western Iowa?
    **crickets**
    Didn’t think so… 🙁

I would love to go to a woodworking class, seeing that I don’t have my own shop or router yet. Anyone know of some woodworking classes in western Iowa?
    **crickets**
    Didn’t think so… :(

Did you check out your local community college if the offered woodworking .

Always willing to learn .

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

**crickets**
    Didn’t think so… :(

Did you check out your local community college if the offered woodworking .

You can also check around for a local woodworkers guild/club.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.390 seconds