dcsimg

Woodworking Projects V 3.0

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 200 total)
  • Author

@RonW 👆🤷‍♂️

Doobie

@RonW 👆🤷‍♂️

There were actually two of them back to back, but one was on the end of the previous page. Looks like Ron got one, and I foumd the earlier one on the previous page.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Made a little memory piece today of odds and ends from my Grandparent’s Farm. I sliced up rounds or cookies from some limb wood I cut from the fence line. I used a piece of plywood from the stock racks from Grandpa’s truck as backer board. Used a board that was in the grain storage bins for the frame. Attached broken horse bit and piece of old horse harness. This project has been something I have been wanting do for along time.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Made a little memory piece today of odds and ends from my Grandparent’s Farm. I sliced up rounds or cookies from some limb wood I cut from the fence line. I used a piece of plywood from the stock racks from Grandpa’s truck as backer board. Used a board that was in the grain storage bins for the frame. Attached broken horse bit and piece of old horse harness. This project has been something I have been wanting do for along time.

That’s a great idea , a nice keepsake , good idea , looks nice

Doobie

Looks nice Greg. A nice thing to make to bring back memories. 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s a great idea , a nice keepsake , good idea , looks nice

Thanks Brian!

Looks nice Greg. A nice thing to make to bring back memories. 👍

Thanks Kevin! It is all I have now is memories.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Today’s project was just a experiment. I have wanting to try doing Shou sugi ban for quite awhile. I would like to make a project using this technique. So I thought I would burn a few boards today that wifey & the girls could use for their crafts. I think the boards I burnt turned out pretty good. Wifey was pretty please.

Greg

Today’s project was just a experiment. I have wanting to try doing Shou sugi ban for quite awhile. I would like to make a project using this technique. So I thought I would burn a few boards today that wifey & the girls could use for their crafts. I think the boards I burnt turned out pretty good. Wifey was pretty please.

Looks good , I’ve seen it before , but never tried it myself ,
    They look like it was a success 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:

Looks good , I’ve seen it before , but never tried it myself ,
    They look like it was a success 👍

Thanks. I thought turned out pretty good. I too have seen it. You need a pretty good size torch to do it.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Greg,
    That’s a great piece for keeping memories alive. Well done!

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Greg,

That’s a great piece for keeping memories alive. Well done!

Thanks alot Stan. I didn’t turn out exactly how I vision it. But I am very happy how it turned out.

Greg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CDzUbWZgbXO/?igshid=dbyu0gt56soc
    I saw this and thought of Greg , I want to build a headboard eventually ,
    It’s a pretty neat process.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I think the boards I burnt turned out pretty good.

They look good, nice even burn. Much better than some I’ve seen guys do with a small propane torch and don’t keep a steady lap like spray painting. Makes the wood look like it’s covered with Poka Dots

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CDzUbWZgbXO/?igshid=dbyu0gt56soc

I saw this and thought of Greg , I want to build a headboard eventually ,

It’s a pretty neat process.

I am not sure I would burn a headboard. There is a few projects I would like to make using wood burning process.

I think the boards I burnt turned out pretty good.

They look good, nice even burn. Much better than some I’ve seen guys do with a small propane torch and don’t keep a steady lap like spray painting. Makes the wood look like it’s covered with Poka Dots

Thanks. I used a big torch on this wood.

Greg

Nope I wouldn’t burn a headboard either , I just remembered you talking about it and thought it was interesting

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nope I wouldn’t burn a headboard either , I just remembered you talking about it and thought it was interesting

I prefer to go with Shou Sugi Ban method then wood burn look. I like to char the wood. After brush the char off it leave really nice look and texture.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wifey asked me if I could make her a stove top cover. I dug out some of that white pine shorts I have been storing forever. I make set of handles from white ash. Gave it quick sanding and applied 1 coat of BLO. I think it turned out pretty good. She is really happy with it.

Greg

I have been working on some live edge slabs that came from a tree we have taken down in our yard and sawn into flitches. Finished flattening and sanding the coffee table top and 2 side tables. I will use metal legs on each along with adding a curly maple shelf spanning the cross bars on the legs for the coffee table. I sprayed mineral spirits on the tops to give you an idea of the finished look. There is red and blue in the coffee table top. Never came across red like that before.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have been working on some live edge slabs that came from a tree we have taken down in our yard and sawn into flitches.

Nice grain in those slabs. Will make a great table top. Those red spots are very interesting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I have been working on some live edge slabs that came from a tree we have taken down in our yard and sawn into flitches. Finished flattening and sanding the coffee table top and 2 side tables. I will use metal legs on each along with adding a curly maple shelf spanning the cross bars on the legs for the coffee table. I sprayed mineral spirits on the tops to give you an idea of the finished look. There is red and blue in the coffee table top. Never came across red like that before.

Looks superb Lon. 👍

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.479 seconds