dcsimg

Woodworking Projects V 3.0

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 207 total)
  • Author

Those are beautiful. Nicely done! I wouldn’t have ever thought to make clip boards by hand, but they’re really nice.

It is a great way to use short scrap and make something memorable with it. Thanks for the compliments guys.

Doobie

Small items I am making for gifts. 2 different size boards. A clipboard for a full size notepad (8.5 x 11 paper) and a standard memo pad. The clipboard clips come from Amazon and the small note pad clip is from Rockler.

Those are too gorgeous for me. The only places I tend to use clipbpards is in the shop or like today luggin one with me to Lowes or HD. It would be criminal to subject such beaties to those unfriendly environments.

How thick are they Lon?

And are you simply resawing using your bandsaw then glueing/sanding/staining?

Would the wood indent if using a pen with just a single sheet in it?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Those are beautiful. Nicely done! I wouldn’t have ever thought to make clip boards by hand, but they’re really nice.

It is a great way to use short scrap and make something memorable with it. Thanks for the compliments guys.

That’s a smart use of off-cuts.

Charlie

Instagram

Drill Bit Storage System

http://www.woodsmithtips.com/2019/10/24/?autostart=true&utm_campaign=WSM%20-%20IP%20-%20Product%20Promotions%20-%20Workbench%20Library%20USB&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=78384818&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_Q40r4x8Uv0Bp-oT9wDNy6dUOqeduIbX2uml3EjXEFgZ9_vwVS269Ija6q96cF1XH52OPFPaivWwhCXiG43vudanpXcA&_hsmi=78384818

Easy enough system , I personally leave my drill bits in the metal case , but then again I don’t have a drill press or a shop like he has ,
    I’ll definitely keep that idea with the aluminum angle attached to the block , simple but useful would be great for other alternatives around the garage/shop

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@doobie. Can you move these links/videos to a thread where they belong please? This thread, I believe is for projects that members have built themselves.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

@doobie. Can you move these links/videos to a thread where they belong please? This thread, I believe is for projects that members have built themselves.

Good point. I will do this when I’m on my PC. It’s hard doing this on a device. Might not be til tomorrow though.

In the meantime, @theamcguy, and all others, please post only Woodworking Projects that one has done themselves or follow up comments to such by any member. Videos of other WWers should go in the Woodworking Videos thread here…

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/woodworking-videos-part-iii/

With that said, there are a lot of posts in that thread that are rudimentary garbage frankly. Let’s get a little more judicious with what we post there as well. It’s definitely a thread where I see a lot of points grabbing.

What is maybe missing, is a place to show work of non-memebers that are simply Woodworking stuff that is extraordinary. Real craftsmanship, artisery, or highly unique projects. I suppose the Interesting Things We See thread is an altermative, but that’s a hodge podge thread with all sorts of subject matter. Myself, I like seeing that kind of stuff but opening up a thread dedicated to that is maybe gonna just end up being another abused thread.

redwood
    Pro

I second that and have always felt that they shouldn’t be here.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good point. I will do this when I’m on my PC. It’s hard doing this on a device. Might not be til tomorrow though.

Please forgive me I am soooooooooooo sorry for wasting everyone’s time posting in the wrong thread. I made a mistake, and you would think the site is going to collapse because of it. Please I beg your forgiveness and from now on I will be very careful and only post in the appropriate thread. Not that the search function works on here and hasn’t for the last 5 years but just in case someone is searching for this post please relocate it to where it should of gone and I again beg everyone’s forgiveness I feel so bad I am almost in tears I posted in the wrong thread. Lord Help Me.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Please forgive me I am soooooooooooo sorry for wasting everyone’s time posting in the wrong thread. I made a mistake, and you would think the site is going to collapse because of it. Please I beg your forgiveness and from now on I will be very careful and only post in the appropriate thread. Not that the search function works on here and hasn’t for the last 5 years but just in case someone is searching for this post please relocate it to where it should of gone and I again beg everyone’s forgiveness I feel so bad I am almost in tears I posted in the wrong thread. Lord Help Me.

Easy mistake to make @amcguy Posting 5 posts so quickly, hard to keep track of where the comments are going, isn’t it?

Doobie

Come on Bill. Let’s not blow this out of proportion. Some decorum on a small matter is all that is being asked. Let’s not escalate this where it doesn’t need to please.

Easy mistake to make @amcguy Posting 5 posts so quickly, hard to keep track of where the comments are going, isn’t it?

Let’s tone that kind of stuff too please.

This kind of talk – and this is not directed at Peter here, it’s all those who have done it in the past – is something that was not tolerated when Jim was around. At least not lasting near as long in the tooth as it had become of late. With little to no mod activity for some time now except when a mod would be tagged for spam for the most part, it was understandable.

But now we have a mod (me) who as you know is on here regularly multiple times a day. This stuff will get quelled now and dealt with. No more of these negative back and forth discussions that would carry on for days til basically members simply petered out. That’s not tolerated on most forums unless that’s what the powers that be want. Is that the kind of forum you guys want?

Vent about your jobs, your tools, your work conumdrums that drive you nuts. But the days of using another member as a punching bag are done! It doesn’t belong here on BTP, it never did.

Doobie

OK, I tried to move the two posts that didn’t belong and I’m not sure what I did wrong, but while they are gone from this thread, they don’t seem to show in the destination thread I sent them to either.

Oh well. I’ll figure out how all this works. Just not right now. Tis’ was a busy day for me. But at least I tried.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Vent about your jobs, your tools, your work conumdrums that drive you nuts. But the days of using another member as a punching bag are done! It doesn’t belong here on BTP, it never did.

I apologize, my comment was not in the spirit of BTP.

As I have said before, this is a community where members share experience in their respective craft or trade and learn from that shared experience. It works well for the most part.

What is the irritant more than anything is the continued presence within the community of those who contribute little or nothing, add short posts of no value, post often and generally take unfair advantage of the generosity of our sponsors. Fluff posting, carpet bombing, points grabbing, call it what you will. Until it stops, there will be more griping, sniping, reprimands and apologies.

I;m not saying anything that hasn’t been said before. The issue is clear; deal with it! Lets get on with being a community.

Did the final sanding on 6 memo sized boards and 1 clip board this afternoon. Applied the mineral oil/bees wax finish. Just have to add the clips.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Did the final sanding on 6 memo sized boards and 1 clip board this afternoon. Applied the mineral oil/bees wax finish. Just have to add the clips.

They’re beautiful- what woods species did you use?

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I like best the top left and bottom right. What’s the wood in the middle of them? It’s gorgeous!

Those are beautiful pieces Lon , what’s the size of the smaller memo sizes
    I would have never thought about using different types of wood like that , great way like you mentioned to use up smaller pieces.

I like best the top left and bottom right. What’s the wood in the middle of them? It’s gorgeous!

The middle section is bocote. It is a fun wood and can be found with that type of pattern to it. It works quite well.

They’re beautiful- what woods species did you use?

Besides the bocote, there is paduak, Brazilian Ebony, curly cherry, hard maple, walnut, ash, mahogany, and figured purpleheart in the clipboard.

what’s the size of the smaller memo sizes

5.75 x 9.5 inches. I plane the board down to 9/16th’s.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice work as always Lon.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

The middle section is bocote. It is a fun wood and can be found with that type of pattern to it. It works quite well.

Never heard of bocote. That grain really pops.

I looked it up in my ‘Wood Bible’ book.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

“Tis the season is about to come and I started some regular cutting board made of maple and yellow birch.
    And some hammers. I like hammers.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.379 seconds