dcsimg

Woodworking Projects V 3.0

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@Boschmanbrian

@smallerstick

When I built my workbench I took into the consideration the router so I made it bigger than usual. If there is an usual size. The lift is not my design. It is explained on youtube by Ramsey ( something) who took the design from an woodworking magazine.
    My improvements over their design are the threaded inserts for the top. You cannot put screws on end grain. It won’t hold. So I epoxied threaded inserts.
    The second improvement was the aluminum rail for a better friction. Or should I say less friction.
    Third improvement, probably not that important was a bronze bushing. You’ll see it in pictures.
    Total cost except the router, maybe $30 CAD. The 3/4″ rod, the nuts, the inserts. I had the plywood and the polycarbonate.
    Feel free to ask any question.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Why Buy a Router Lift

https://www.wwgoa.com/video/why-a-router-lift-000354/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=A6134

I didn’t buy one. Too rich for my blood.
    I built meself one.

I would definitely be interested in seeing how you did it. I assume you made your own router table also.
    Lots of good ideas for router tables.

My son told me last week one of his up coming projects is going to be making a router lift with his 3D printer

Really that sounds like it should be interesting to see
    I’d be curious to see what it looks like and how it works.
    Please keep me posted

I’ll tell him to send pics as it goes. Talked to him last night, he already has it started. He keeps that printer running almost constantly making something or another.

Why Buy a Router Lift

https://www.wwgoa.com/video/why-a-router-lift-000354/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=A6134

I didn’t buy one. Too rich for my blood.
    I built meself one.

I would definitely be interested in seeing how you did it. I assume you made your own router table also.
    Lots of good ideas for router tables.

My son told me last week one of his up coming projects is going to be making a router lift with his 3D printer

Really that sounds like it should be interesting to see
    I’d be curious to see what it looks like and how it works.
    Please keep me posted

I’ll tell him to send pics as it goes. Talked to him last night, he already has it started. He keeps that printer running almost constantly making something or another.

Yes please , this is definitely going to be interesting
    Thanks

@boschmanbrian
    @smallerstick

When I built my workbench I took into the consideration the router so I made it bigger than usual. If there is an usual size. The lift is not my design. It is explained on youtube by Ramsey ( something) who took the design from an woodworking magazine.
    My improvements over their design are the threaded inserts for the top. You cannot put screws on end grain. It won’t hold. So I epoxied threaded inserts.
    The second improvement was the aluminum rail for a better friction. Or should I say less friction.
    Third improvement, probably not that important was a bronze bushing. You’ll see it in pictures.
    Total cost except the router, maybe $30 CAD. The 3/4″ rod, the nuts, the inserts. I had the plywood and the polycarbonate.

Thanks Sorin , I’m going to take a better look at them on the PC later today ,
    No flexing on the workbench with the overhang
    Did you eventually make a router fence
    Nice job

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Looks to be a very effective lift, sturdy and easily adjusted. Your mods are well thought out, too. Thanks for the pics.

I’m planning a router in a table saw extension similar to your workbench install. I may steal some of your ideas for that.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@boschmanbrian
    @smallerstick

I think you are talking about Steve Ramsay. I believe the design came from Shop Notes magazine.
    I remember being interested in this design. I can’t remember why I didn’t make it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I found Steve Ramsay’s Router Lift Video.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A few more

Yeah, the Shop Notes lift is an interesting idea. I have considered it myself. I don’t use the router much, but in a table is really handy.

I’m in a real weird situation about putting it in my table saw wing, which is where I want it, but I also want to upgrade the table saw. Monkeying with the old one seems a bit of a time waster for me at this time. I am sure one day the need will overcome the hesitation….lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I may steal some of your ideas for that.

Go for it 😀

@Boschmanbrian

First pic in the second set you’ll see the metal corners that support the overhang. A bit overkill but I had them around doing nothing 😀
    When I need a fence I clamp some aluminum straight edge and go from there.
    I have the aluminum t-slot to insert them in the table for a proper fence but I didn’t find the opportunity.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A few more

Yeah, the Shop Notes lift is an interesting idea. I have considered it myself. I don’t use the router much, but in a table is really handy.

I’m in a real weird situation about putting it in my table saw wing, which is where I want it, but I also want to upgrade the table saw. Monkeying with the old one seems a bit of a time waster for me at this time. I am sure one day the need will overcome the hesitation….lol.

I too wouldn’t mine putting a table saw wing on my TS for a router. It just isn’t high on things to do right now.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@chadm

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I finished the saw till today. A couple of coats of shellac to seal it. Room for more saws as the collection grows.

Attachments:
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

saw till

That’s a good looking saw till.
    I tried to buy some of the hand saw like yours but they’re asking the tip of my left kidney 😀 so I said no thank you.
    I just wanted to buy them for the handle only otherwise I do good with the japanese style hand saws.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

saw till

That’s a good looking saw till.
    I tried to buy some of the hand saw like yours but they’re asking the tip of my left kidney 😀 so I said no thank you.
    I just wanted to buy them for the handle only otherwise I do good with the japanese style hand saws.

I know what you mean. Any of the tool dealers I see are asking stupid prices. I have been lucky enough to find mine at yard sales and in junk stores.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I tried to buy some of the hand saw like yours but they’re asking the tip of my left kidney

Last one I bought was a 1910 Diston rip saw for $5 at a yard sale. There are deals out there, you just have to keep looking. Although Peter seems to have better luck finding deals than I do…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Small items I am making for gifts. 2 different size boards. A clipboard for a full size notepad (8.5 x 11 paper) and a standard memo pad. The clipboard clips come from Amazon and the small note pad clip is from Rockler.

Small items I am making for gifts. 2 different size boards. A clipboard for a full size notepad (8.5 x 11 paper) and a standard memo pad. The clipboard clips come from Amazon and the small note pad clip is from Rockler.

Wow those are some beautiful clip boards Lon
    But but but you don’t have my address LoL

Seriously those are going to make a great gift , unlike the cheaper one I have.
    Very nicely done Lon

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

They are very nice. They will make someone a nice gift.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Those are beautiful. Nicely done! I wouldn’t have ever thought to make clip boards by hand, but they’re really nice.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.620 seconds