dcsimg

Woodworking Projects V 3.0

Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

I started building this Hall table/TV stand late last summer. I used a Shou Sugi Ban on the base of the stand. This a old Japanese technique that preserves wood by charring it with fire.

After charring the wood I used a wire brush and brushed the char of the stand. I applied several coats of BLO. Then finished the with paste wax. I decide go with Cherry for the top and old rough pine board for the shelf. I lightly sanded the shelf leaving a rough texture look. I applied several coats of BLO on the top. Then I apply paste wax. I thought I would try some different.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Nice project! It is fun to experiment with different techniques and looks. Congrats on a job well done.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nice project! It is fun to experiment with different techniques and looks. Congrats on a job well done.

Thanks very much. It was fun to experiment with different techniques and looks. It was quite rewarding to do this. Sometimes a person needs to venture out of their comfort zone.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I thought I would try some different.

I’ll say different, but looks very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

OLD THREAD WARNING

I started building this Hall table/TV stand late last summer. I used a Shou Sugi Ban on the base of the stand. This a old Japanese technique that preserves wood by charring it with fire.

After charring the wood I used a wire brush and brushed the char of the stand. I applied several coats of BLO. Then finished the with paste wax. I decide go with Cherry for the top and old rough pine board for the shelf. I lightly sanded the shelf leaving a rough texture look. I applied several coats of BLO on the top. Then I apply paste wax. I thought I would try some different.

That’s a very good looking project , very good job especially since you have never done it before 👌👍
    I really like the look

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I thought I would try some different.

I’ll say different, but looks very nice.

Thanks! It has been a big hit!

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

That’s a very good looking project , very good job especially since you have never done it before 👌👍

I really like the look

Thanks! I like the looks as well.
    I have been asked to make 2 more.

Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.503 seconds