dcsimg

Woodworking Projects V 3.0

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 181 through 196 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have been working on some live edge slabs that came from a tree we have taken down in our yard and sawn into flitches. Finished flattening and sanding the coffee table top and 2 side tables. I will use metal legs on each along with adding a curly maple shelf spanning the cross bars on the legs for the coffee table. I sprayed mineral spirits on the tops to give you an idea of the finished look. There is red and blue in the coffee table top. Never came across red like that before.

Those slabs will make some beautiful table tops. That red in the slab looks really nice. I saw on YT where I guy from Ontario had red in some Manitoba Maple slabs he sawed on his bandsaw. I found on his IG one of the slabs.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Those slabs will make some beautiful table tops. That red in the slab looks really nice. I saw on YT where I guy from Ontario had red in some Manitoba Maple slabs he sawed on his bandsaw. I found on his IG one of the slabs.

Wow that is awesome! Thanks for sharing the picture. I would have fun with that slab. It would be a heck of a drive to pick it up though.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wifey asked me if I could make her a stove top cover.

Man that pine is really nice. The stove-top cover came out great, like the two different woods. The ash gives it a nice appearance.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wifey asked me if I could make her a stove top cover.

Man that pine is really nice. The stove-top cover came out great, like the two different woods. The ash gives it a nice appearance.

Thanks Bill. This pine has some blue stain in it. Years ago people wouldn’t buy it. Now days it it seems like pretty good seller.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

So, I’m not sure if I mentioned it, but I made new golf Tee signs for the local golf course, about 4 min. from my house. It only took 4 years to nail down what they wanted.

Tee-Signs

Tee2finished

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Those are awesome Mark! What did you seal them with to handle the weather? I am hoping those CA fires are away from you. Take care!

So, I’m not sure if I mentioned it, but I made new golf Tee signs for the local golf course, about 4 min. from my house. It only took 4 years to nail down what they wanted.

Tee-Signs

Tee2finished

Wow beautiful work Mark 👌 four years , was it slow communication , or something else , that’s a fairly large timeframe for signs 🤷‍♂️
    Regardless they look amazing.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Tee-Signs

Tee2finished

Very nice work. It must have been alot of work painting all this signs.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

Those are awesome Mark! What did you seal them with to handle the weather? I am hoping those CA fires are away from you. Take care!

Thanks. I sealed them with Australian Timber Oil, natural.

Yes, lot’s of big fires on the west coast, but luckily none near me. (knock on wood). Air quality has not been good though.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

Yes, lot’s of big fires on the west coast, but luckily none near me. (knock on wood). Air quality has not been good though.

They look great Mark!

Is that Aussie oil Cutek brand?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Mark!

I posted some live edge pieces that I will be finishing up last weekend. Like you, I will be using a natural oil. The one that hit my radar is Osmo Oil. Made in Germany. Never heard of it before but if the reviews are correct, this stuff is going to work great and I will not have to have the pieces lacquered.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I have been working on some live edge slabs that came from a tree we have taken down in our yard and sawn into flitches. Finished flattening and sanding the coffee table top and 2 side tables. I will use metal legs on each along with adding a curly maple shelf spanning the cross bars on the legs for the coffee table. I sprayed mineral spirits on the tops to give you an idea of the finished look. There is red and blue in the coffee table top. Never came across red like that before.

That red colour looks too red to come from the wood itself.
    Something else might be at play in that case.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow that is awesome! Thanks for sharing the picture. I would have fun with that slab. It would be a heck of a drive to pick it up though.

Your welcome. This guy has alot of beautiful slabs. LOL! Yeah I am sure it would be a heck of a drive. This guy does ship slabs all over the world. I am sure you would have alot fun with a slab like that.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That red colour looks too red to come from the wood itself.

Something else might be at play in that case.

Yes you could be right. The red could be from the the tree having a defect.

Greg

My sister convinced me to build a hockey gear stand for my nephew, she sent me 2 pictures likely form Instagram or Pinterest, so I built the 3 photo.

Will

My sister convinced me to build a hockey gear stand for my nephew, she sent me 2 pictures likely form Instagram or Pinterest, so I built the 3 photo.

That’s great! If you have a hockey player, you know the need to air out the equipment. I have been meaning to do this for the grandson. You just gave me the push I needed. Nice work.

Viewing 16 posts - 181 through 196 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.478 seconds