dcsimg

Woodworking Projects V 3.0

This topic contains 50 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Here is a new thread of Woodworking Projects.

Lets hear about the projects are working on or have finished. Pictures are always nice to see.

Here is the link to the old thread.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/woodworking-projects-v-2-0/

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Finished these cutting boards using a number of different woods yesterday.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Those look great Lon! Those are some beautiful wood species.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie
    Pro

Very nice Lon. You have an eye for selecting nice contrast.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nice work Lon. What finish do you use on cutting boards?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Beautiful job Lon
    What are all those different types of wood
    I really like the middle one of the first picture.

Thanks guys! I am always on the lookout for different and eye-pleasing pieces of wood. The woods include quarter sawn white oak (the center piece of the one you like Boschmanbrian), katalox is the dark striping material, curly maple, goncalo alves, bocote, redheart, swamp ash, granadillo, and sucupura (sp?). The wife and I play mix the woods to get the contrasts that we think are pleasing.

@ronw, I use George’s Clubhouse Wax (sold in Woodcraft stores). It is a mixture of beeswax and mineral oil. Wipe on and let sit for 5 minutes plus. Then simply wipe off. The finish can easily be reapplied if and when necessary.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Very nice!

Very nice Lon. You have an eye for selecting nice contrast.

I agree!

@ronw, I use George’s Clubhouse Wax (sold in Woodcraft stores). It is a mixture of beeswax and mineral oil. Wipe on and let sit for 5 minutes plus. Then simply wipe off. The finish can easily be reapplied if and when necessary.

I used Beewax and mineral oil on cutting board I made. I made my own mixture.

Greg

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

They’re looking freackingly awesome!

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Some great looking cutting boards right there, well done!

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Had the materials delivered today for a large (15’ wide 10’ tall entertainment center. Should be a good one if I can only find the time. lol

Ron

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Had the materials delivered today for a large (15’ wide 10’ tall entertainment center. Should be a good one if I can only find the time. lol

Dang! That’s going to be huge!

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Wow that’s huge , I assume it’s going to be able to be assembled in sections
    Will you have to get it transported to the site after , looking forward to seeing this one Ron.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Will you have to get it transported to the site after , looking forward to seeing this one Ron.

Yes it will be in several pieces Brian. The customer will pice it up and we will do the install.

Ron

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Looking at the stacks of materials, I’d say that is going to be an ‘entertainment wall’ rather than an entertainment center. Will be waiting to see progress pictures.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

That is one massive entertainment center! Looking forward to your pics Ron. What is the final finish supposed to be?

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

That is one massive entertainment center! Looking forward to your pics Ron. What is the final finish supposed to be?

Going to be white. With some type of cherry finish on the tops.
    MTRoads is correct, it’s going to be more of a wall than a center. lol

Ron

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That will be a big entertainment center. I too look forward see this one finished.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

A biggee. In how many main units are you looking to build it in?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Yes it will be in several pieces Brian. The customer will pice it up and we will do the install.

Nice , will you have to prep the area that will be installed , or is it already taken care of , 10 foot high must have a cathedral ceiling or something like that. How much time do you think it’s going to take to build this unit Ron.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.394 seconds